New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
mozzy

Post by mozzy »

I received my new C3 22 Aircross about a week ago, it works great but the only frustrating thing is, that every time I get back into the car, some settings that I have set don’t carry over, ie,.. my climate / heating module goes back to default every time I get back in the car, so I have to re set it all up how I like it every time, I’m not sure if this is the new standard or a fault,
Does this happen for anyone else.? And is there a fix.?
Cheers in Advance.!!

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

What specifically are you saying resets? I leave mine on AUTO and it retains the last temperature settings, set including the fan speed / diffusion setting.

I have a profile setup that stores my audio preferences etc., so you may want to try selecting a profile first, then making your changes and see if that improves things.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Are you pressing the “save” button?
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I have had 6 Citroens with climate control and all of them have always retained heater settings. 3 of them had push button control, 3 through the central screen. There has been no save button. Have Citroen made significant changes to the system in the last couple of years.

The only car I have driven recently which didn't retain all settings is my daughter's Captur, which always retains auto but always switches A/C on when restarting, which annoys me as I only want it to switch on when I think I need it.
ASwietochowski

Post by ASwietochowski »

I have exactly the same issues with my new shine+ c3 aircross ,my previous flair just kept the last setting.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

I would like to know who does the settings? is it at manufacture or is it done in the showroom prior to handover. I have to take the fan off full blast each time we get in it, Juan Sheet mentions setting a "profile" am i right in thinking that if i make changes on a profile it will retain these settings at each switch on?
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

So just to confirm, on my 2020 model, the climate settings remain the same each time I start the vehicle as they were when I switched off the vehicle.
I can also confirm that the temperature / climate settings don't change with different profiles. So to clarify, with my current profile, if I change the climate from say 20 to 18, then switch profiles, the same temperature setting remains, regardless if I alter the temperature, then switch back to another profile.

So only the colour scheme, display brightness and audio settings for calls, ringtones, ambience etc are saved in the profiles.

As for settings, these can be set back to factory defaults by resetting the chosen profile. The settings are defaulted to those set at the factory.

As you have the facelift model, you will have a later unit, and I know on the later connected Nav system that you can also raise and lower the temperature using voice commands that you couldn't do with the earlier version. But I can't find anything that suggests you can save the temperature settings to a profile.

It may worth looking at the A/C settings and changing the air flow settings (Soft, Normal or Fast) as these settings determine the air flow rate when the system is set to AUTO mode. If it is on fast then the air flow will be quite rigorous, which may be what you are having a problem with.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On my C3 Aircross 2020 I leave the climate set to 21C, for the majority of the time.
So if I get in the car and start the engine, air con is usually OFF, if the outside tempo is above 21c then the fan will run at a high speed till the temp reaches 21C. To me this is normal operation as it's trying too cool to the setting
On the settings page I have the fan set to slow as I am hard of hearing and normal and fast are too noisy.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
OLDDJ

Post by OLDDJ »

Hello i have a Aircross which does the same, i was told by Citroen in April 2022 it was a fault and would be rectified. Now in august 2022 i have been told that they are now saying its normal operation, which is an absolute disgrace.
The issue is very frustrating, especially when you have to wait for the system to boot up before you can change the settings.
They also told be at robins and day Birmingham north that a customer has tried to reject a car but UK head office had refused to accept the customers request.
Its simply not fair for such a large company to shun its customers.
OLDDJ

Post by OLDDJ »

mozzy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:17 pm I received my new C3 22 Aircross about a week ago, it works great but the only frustrating thing is, that every time I get back into the car, some settings that I have set don’t carry over, ie,.. my climate / heating module goes back to default every time I get back in the car, so I have to re set it all up how I like it every time, I’m not sure if this is the new standard or a fault,
Does this happen for anyone else.? And is there a fix.?
Cheers in Advance.!!
Hello i am a new member, and spotted the post regarding the Heating system on the C3 Aircross.
I can add information to this post as i was updated by Citroen recently 1st August 2022.
I took delivery of the Aircross Shine Plus Auto on the 7th April 2022.
I noticed the same issue the heating system always reverts to 21 degrees ,with the fan running a half speed but no air flow direction indicated.
I reported this and the car went in for repair, i then got told that it was a FAULT. And that they had a number of cars with the same issue. Therefore they replaced the ECU to one of the other cars however it didnt clear the fault, which by the way is impossible to live with.
After chasing this issue a number of times i was told by Citroen customer care at Robins and Day Birmingham North that it in fact is not a fault its optimum operation and that nothing further could be done.
Even after previously admitting it was a fault.
I was also told that a Retail customer on the first vehicle reported to them at this branch had rejected the car via Citroen head office. However they have refused to accept the customers request based upon them saying the car was working normally. Basically Citroen have changed the goal posts, and it looks like they expect the problem to go away.
My family have had 15 new Citroens all from the same dealer and the same sales person, however when mine arrived it also had a dent into the rear wheel arch , scuffs to the inside rear panels along with marks all over the dashboard.
Along with a cut to the steering wheel. This were all looked at however they were never rectified to my satisfaction and i am current attempting to get these looked at again.
It seems that no one cares about our loyalty any more.
The whole experience has left us pretty well unable to ever purchase a Citroen again. Bad Form.