New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Although I understand your frustration, unfortunately if you get the dealer to perform a firmware / map update they will charge you labour costs - end of.

It's not a service dealers are liable for - this is a customer's responsibility and why they provide you with the app, free lifetime map updates and system firmware updates to do it yourself. Expect to pay circa £200 and up if you ask them to do it for you as this is likely what the labour charge will be allowing for 2 hours worth of downloads and updating time while a technician sits in the passenger seat checking his social media whilst he's waiting!

You need to update the system yourself - once you have downloaded and installed the updates from PSA servers, they will know this (from your VIN when you connect to download). You can then follow up the complaint on the telephone without leaving your house.

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

yes, thought about it since. i have downloaded the update and put it onto a stick, have i done right so far? new to all this updating!!! am i right in thinking to put the stick in the car's usb then follow instructions?
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The USB stick needs to be at least 16 Gb, 32 Gb is better (given the increasing size of map updates) and formatted to FAT32.

You should have the Citroen Update App that will download the file and then prepare the USB and extract the files accordingly, so you can then use the USB to update the system in the car. The engine MUST be running during the update or there is a risk of bricking the unit if the car goes into economy mode during the firmware writing phase.

Repeat for the map update once the firmware update has been installed, but allow time as these can take in excess of 40 minutes each update!
mado21

Post by mado21 »

i to have the same problem were the temp and aircon defaults back ac on and 21c.i only picked up my car yesterday (16/8/22) and spent ages trying to make my car retrain settings
the car is a motabilty car ,i will contact the dealer today does anyone know the latest software version is .so i can check if my car s up to date
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

The latest one, version 44.02.16.52_NAC-r0-27/04/2022, available to download on the "my Citroen app" but beware, others have installed the latest version which hasn't made any difference. Citroen are saying it ISN'T A FAULT, i beg to differ. be very interesting to see how you go on.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Courtiers

Post by Courtiers »

I too have this problem.
New car collected 18 July 2022
Fault identified soon afterwards and reported to the dealer
After the usual you must be mistaken excuses this is the design etc
We have escalated the problem to Citroen Customer Care UK
Shortly afterwards we received a call from France
After this we were directed to our dealership customer care representative.
We have documented progress on this and communications between the concerned parties
Contacted the dealership today 16 August but the representative is on holiday until next week
The person we dealt with today was reluctant to indentify this as a fault
Watch this space for progress
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

I had my C3 aircross in June & temp settings revert to 21c everytime I start up. Also having issues with courtesy door lights not activating & I can’t activate/deactivate the buttons down to the right drivers side for lane alert, child locks etc…& doors are locked when I get out of car & have to unlock them to get stuff out of back of car …. Im going to book it into local dealer when I have time as it’s driving me insane!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I think we're having a few extended 'Friday' vehicles with issues like this coming out of the chip shortage from lockdown. Seems there's a lot of rushing to get vehicle orders fulfilled after the delays, but quality assurance is questionable. So yes, take them back for any and all niggles as you don't want this to be symptomatic of larger issues down the line.
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

smudgebiscuit wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:41 pm I had my C3 aircross in June & temp settings revert to 21c everytime I start up. Also having issues with courtesy door lights not activating & I can’t activate/deactivate the buttons down to the right drivers side for lane alert, child locks etc…& doors are locked when I get out of car & have to unlock them to get stuff out of back of car …. Im going to book it into local dealer when I have time as it’s driving me insane!
Update: took car into Stafford dealer was told that air con settings is a known issue & they are awaiting an update to fix it. Also booked it in for all the other niggles & was relieved to find out it wasn’t me & there is actually a fault with it
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

smudgebiscuit wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:51 pm
smudgebiscuit wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:41 pm I had my C3 aircross in June & temp settings revert to 21c everytime I start up. Also having issues with courtesy door lights not activating & I can’t activate/deactivate the buttons down to the right drivers side for lane alert, child locks etc…& doors are locked when I get out of car & have to unlock them to get stuff out of back of car …. Im going to book it into local dealer when I have time as it’s driving me insane!
Update: took car into Stafford dealer was told that air con settings is a known issue & they are awaiting an update to fix it. Also booked it in for all the other niggles & was relieved to find out it wasn’t me & there is actually a fault with it.
Dealership had left car in showroom mode so some settings not working - childlock, interior courtesy lights, lane warning system & interior alarm deactivation.
So miffed I didn’t take it in sooner & dealership I got it from didn’t check prior to delivery- mind you whole process was shocking so shouldn’t have been suprised!!