Low Power Diesel

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
ESP

Post by ESP »

Having had my C3 Aircross 1.5HDI Shine Plus now just over a month from new. After I collected the vehicle I found it a little sluggish (especially on inclines it didn't seem to accelerate that well below 1.5K rpm). I put this down to the vehicle being new and have I suppose got used to the vehicle being sluggish over the past month and doing approximately 1200 miles so far.

Yesterday I was given another 1.5HDI C3 Aircross Shine whilst my vehicle is back at the dealership for something else. As soon as I drove away I could tell there is a vast difference in performance to my vehicle. Driving this vehicle it has done approximately 600 miles but makes my vehicle seem like a 1.2 diesel compared to this.

I have notified the dealership and they plan to run a diagnostic check on it. I have had no fault lights or other indication but I also believe the issue was evident at handover.

If the diagnostic test shows no fault what else could it be as I believe the issue has always been evident from handover??

Any help or advice will be gratefully received.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Turbo wastegate open or opening at too low pressure.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
ESP

Post by ESP »

Thank you for your reply and help.

Is this something that should show up on the diagnostic check??
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Possible. Problem with diagnostics is they go so far but not always all the way.
So when the actuator for the wastegate is triggered the signal will go say positive and the diagnostics will see that. But if the wastegate is stuck or inop that may not be reported
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
ESP

Post by ESP »

Thank you again for your help and advice.