Battery and stop start failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
crockhamtown

Post by crockhamtown »

I have a 2017/18 C3 Aircross. After a journey of about 18miles a warning light came up on the centre display panel "ECO Activated".

A little later came another centre display message about ECO. At the same time the left instrument panel showed a spanner and on the right an icon showing an engine with an exclamation mark in it. I got home OK after a further 8 miles.

A diagnostic test by our village garage showed a battery problem. My stop start has been a bit iffy for ages which I understand is another sign of battery problems.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

ECO is a system that monitors the battery voltage when the engine is OFF. So you take the missus to the supermarket but you stay outside and listen to the radio/music. After about 30.mins ECO cuts in and turns off the radio. You have to restart the engine and run it for about 15 to get the full 30 mins back. It also cuts in if you leave the boot or interior lights on and walk away. This ensures you can start the car when you get back.
Stop start is dependent upon certain parameters one of which is a full charged battery. Stop start is the green A with an arrow around in the rev counter.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars