C3 Aircross rear disc

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Hi does anyone know if the rear disc calliper Pistons are left or right hand windback?
I am fairly sure that the C3 was left hand but they may be different

Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

If it's any use the pistons on the rear calliper are right hand wind back
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

(Clockwise Rotation)
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Yes clockwise I should have explained better here's some pictures of the disc's, the joys of lockdown and living close to the Irish sea

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Just to add the car is 2019. 8500 miles
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Just replaced all my discs and pads - with Brembo. The rear discs have the wheel bearing and ABS ring incorporated so cost a bit more - however I was very disappointed in the state of the original factory fitted discs after 17k miles. Huge gouges in the rotors and rust everywhere, so went for the Brembos all round. Very pleased with the quality.
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

I don't know who supplies citroen with discs but they are poor quality we has a C3 picasso from new after 6 months I put in a warranty claim for two new rear discs and had them changed they were disgusting two years later I changed them for a better quality disc
poppypicanto

Post by poppypicanto »

My rear discs were shot after about 16000 miles too....Very disappointed.... And yes, the bearings are incorporated into the disc so they do cost more to replace. But the new ones they have put on look and feel a million times better quality.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I didn't want a repeat of the originals, so that's why I opted for Brembo all round including the pads. 6 Months later and they're still as smooth as when new.