Service Indicator Puzzle

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
RSD7a

Post by RSD7a »

I bought a 19 plate C5 aircross diesel EAT on 29/12/21 with 31k miles. Very pleased overall with this armchair on wheels, tho urban mpg is rubbish @ 41 ish. 😕.

My question is about the service Indicator. Arnold Clark serviced it when I purchased it just before New Year and stamped the service book. The service Indicator has now pinged me and is asking for a service in 9 months or 1750 miles. The 9 months makes sense. The 1750 miles makes no sense at all! If they'd forgotten to reset the indicator then why the 9 months?
I'm tempted to simply reset it, but fear I might be turning a blind eye to something important.
(According to the service book it was previously serviced in April 21 at 24kmiles)
Any thoughts?

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Doesn't seem to make sense, and on my Citroens there have been some issues with the service indicator. It would appear that the car wasn't serviced before you bought it, and the service interval is 12 months. I'm not sure what the mileage interval is on a (preumably) 1.5L diesel, probably 16,000 miles. So it appears to be nowhere near mileage but the time seems to indicate a service is due this month. If it has been serviced withing Citroen, an agent should be able to confirm. I say should, because I have had 2 long-term issues with a Citroen, both of which have been dealt with mainly by one agent. As they essentially washed their hands of the issues before they were fixed I was advised to go to another agent. One issue was easily fixed, but took time due to back-order, so I asked them to look at the second issue under warranty. They got back to me telling me that the warranty work had been refused due to mileage of 38,000 miles. This is odd because the actual mileage is 31,000 miles. So it appears that the first agent was guessing and inputting false info. Make of that as you will!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

You don't give the cars first delivery date.
You say 2019 so when you bought it was 2yr old.
Service intervals are 12 months or 10k miles so it should have been serviced twice. Before you bought it
But if you look at your mileage in 1750 miles you will have done approx 30k miles which has triggered the warning. It would appear that the garage didn't reset the indicator.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars