Hybrid battery reset range

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

I posted some time ago about the reduction in mileage when charging, steadily over the winter months the range has fallen at its lowest point it was 11 miles, despite several calls to the dealer and the dealer looking at it twice, they told me it was in the hands of engineering and there was at current no fix basically it is what it is. I live in the real world and not expecting 34 miles range particularly over the winter but a third less than advertised is ridiculous you wouldn’t advertise a car doing 60 mpg and it only doing 20 and get away with it. So I had several suggestions from the dealer to reset the drive cycle, I was told to drive in hybrid mode only and need to have a journey of over 50 miles to reset so over the last few weeks I’ve had round trips of over 200 miles so this should be more than ample to reset the system still the range at best was 12 miles. Charging the vehicle in a warmer area, precondition the system then charge the battery none of which made any difference. So after trying all there suggestions and nothing working I decided that I would do a 50 mile + journey then recharge the battery then drive as far as I could in electric only mode I then recharged the battery and found it went to 14 miles range drive again on electric only actually drove nearly 17 miles before engine cut in I recharged again went to 18 miles I have just recharged again the range is now reading 22 miles. Just out of curiosity would anyone else having battery range issues try this and report back on your findings. Sorry for long winded post but I thought some background information would be useful

Kangaroony

Post by Kangaroony »

I am having this exact issue also, was also given the advice to drive over 50 miles in hybrid, no change, range currently showing as 14 miles.

I have also noticed the actual range is higher, around 21 miles, so will follow your lead and see where that gets me.
DJBUK

Post by DJBUK »

I have a 1.6 C5 Hybrid 70 reg and have had it from new.
My Battery used to deliver 34 miles range, nowadays it is more like 12 miles.
I did put it in for a system check and all showed correct. Citroen customer service says the range is all down to many variables and 12 miles is not unexpected in the winter!
I tend to drive in B regenerative mode, charging publicly with a 12 mile range is almost a waste of time. I do notice that for short journeys in B mode I am often driving on 75% battery!
Holdfastalex

Post by Holdfastalex »

Has anyone else reporting significant range drop-off had the engine management software update carried out to their car? I had the update done last November and the drop-off was immediate. I've had my car for over a year and had always managed around 24 miles per charge in UK (more in warmer France!), but now I'm barely managing 13 miles. It's going in in a couple of weeks for a diagnostic check (at Citroen's expense) but I'm doubtful they'll find anything now, based on what I read here.
sidyash

Post by sidyash »

My car is (almost) brand new and I'm getting ~11miles per kWh. I was given the same advice by the dealer as everyone else here - drive 50 miles and reset the system. I've not had a chance to do it yet but it's not the indicated range that is incorrect. If I do a 10 mile drive, the car does consume ~9kWh when I put it back on charge. It's completely unacceptable. My old Renault Captur hybrid used to do ~25miles in winter, even with it's smaller 8.9kWh battery. This is a bigger car, granted, but this sort of economy negates the whole point of buying a PHEV.
At current leccy prices, it comes to around 3 miles per pound sterling in electric mode, which is ridiculous compared to even the 6-7 miles per GBP you'd get from just running the petrol engine at current fuel prices.
JohnnyM77

Post by JohnnyM77 »

Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm glad I found it.

I am having the exact same issue with battery range and it started after the first managment softare update as a previous poster suggested. I had noticed in th elast 2 weeks it would not charge up over 30km (About 18 miles). Usually this time of year it would be in the 40's. It had another recal done yesterday and it has anned 2km to the charge 🙄. I'll try above steps and see what happens. It's going back in on th e8th of August to the dealer but I suspect "there is nothing wrong with it" reply.