Touch Screen Software Updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

I am in UK but had not received any notification of this update through My Citroen app, but had simply set Citroen Update running to check what was available, if anything.

I have now completed this update.

A couple of comments
Firmware update is dated 18/03/20
after the firmware update completed I selected yes to update maps but that failed - there was no "ok" button on the bottom of the map selection screen. There were however no maps on the system.

Although the USB had been created with the Citroen Update App, i decided to go with the previous advice that you can only load one swl file from USB; if you have two it ignores the second one. I then deleted the firmware swl file from the USB and left only the map file which does have a different name than that dated 07/05/20.

Update took the usual time and on checking I see the maps are dated 25/01/20 as compared with those of early May update which have the date 25/11/19.

I agree it's a drawn out process.

JohnM52
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.

Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

Well a long work-related drive yesterday and the only things I can see different are
1. Speed Camera alert notification a different tone now.......... a really annoying one.
2. Speed Camera alerts makes sound at start of alert and when out of the danger area......... so twice the annoying sound!
3. Not sure on this one but on main dash display when using sat guidance I'm sure the blue route is a brighter blue.

So not really sure what else it has done or possibly fixed.

Len
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

I have not had a chance to do any extended test but I find that Android Auto is less stable than previously. Also, it no longer connected through the USB hub which has been solidly stable before update.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Nutribrain

Post by Nutribrain »

I just updated my C5 Aircross with the latest touchscreen software and I'm disappointed as they dropped the support for IAP1 devices like my old iPod Classic. They are just supporting IAP2 devices (newer Apple devices). In the end I had to buy a new iPod touch. Unfortunately the display of cover images on the dashboard stopped working after the update.

I wish I never did update the whole thing. Btw, Apple CarPlay is very unstable too. All in all my advice is: do not update if you don't have to.
And yes the marker on the navigation screen turned from red to white – great idea with a light grey background …
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

LenH wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 am Well a long work-related drive yesterday and the only things I can see different are
1. Speed Camera alert notification a different tone now.......... a really annoying one.
2. Speed Camera alerts makes sound at start of alert and when out of the danger area......... so twice the annoying sound!
3. Not sure on this one but on main dash display when using sat guidance I'm sure the blue route is a brighter blue.

So not really sure what else it has done or possibly fixed.

Len
Hi Len,

I have established that you can turn off the warning if that would help.
The previous low volume warning also did sound twice so that hasn't changed, just that the volume is much louder and very annoying.

John