Touch Screen Software Updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

One other thing you could check, based on the following advice from Citroen:-

The vehicle should be parked in the open air (Optimisation of the GSM reception): The GSM network coverage must be at least 4 bars : If the procedure fails or if the reception is insufficient, move the vehicle to an uncovered area with good network coverage. Select the Nav screen and check that the "Tomtom Traffic" icon appears in the bottom-right of the screen before inserting the USB stick (might take a couple of minutes to fully load).

I think the “TomTom Traffic” thing is what caused my initial Touchscreen update failure. When I waited for this to appear before inserting the USB stick, the update was successful.

Good luck, and enjoy your holiday!

RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi Mike thanks for the info. Tried doing everything again and got a little further when it came up with update not compatible with hardware! Spoke to Citroen who advised me to email photos across. Went back out to car with phone to take photos put the stick in exactly as before I hadn't changed a thing and it worked!!!!! Goodness knows what was different. Anyhow now a very happy bunny and I'm just sat in the car downloading the maps. What a palava... Hopefully the next update will go smoothly after all this. Thank you for all your help much appreciated. I have to say I am loving the car.
berkinet

Post by berkinet »

Easy on a Mac.
1) Download the tar file
2) Format a USB stick (I used a usb-2.0) as "MS-DOS (FAT)" (Use disk utility)
3) Expand the tar file (just double click it in the finder)
4) In the folder where you expanded the tar file you will find a new folder with the same name as the tar file, minus the .tar extension
5) Open that folder and drag the contents (1 file, "UpdateInfo.xml", and 1 folder, "SWL") onto the usb-stick
6) Eject the stick, put it in your car's usb slot and go...
colski

Post by colski »

thanks berkinet
new to citroen
managed to expand the folder but couldn't to find folder with out .tar extension
can you help ?
i got a folder" rcc_ update" that had a load of files in including the Updateinfo.xml
which do i load onto the memory stick
do i need tom put the lic key on the memory stick as well?
thanks for any help
colski

Post by colski »

berkinet
further to previous post cant see any folder with "SWL"
either
thanks for any help with all this
Tsolias10

Post by Tsolias10 »

Hi all
I have to say i am really surprised that it needs a usb3 in order to work. From the people that did the update any issues so far? I mean major issues?
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Apart from the fact that some new users don’t appreciate that the downloaded update file is an “archive file” and it has to be “extracted” (using unzipping software on a PC, or via berkinet’s above guidance for a Mac), the critical requirements for a successful update appear to be:-
1. Use a USB3 stick - don’t know why, but 3 worked for me, whereas 2 didn’t.
2. Be patient when you switch on the engine and allow the system to fully boot before inserting the USB stick. This can take a couple of minutes, and is indicated by the words “Tom Tom Traffic” appearing at the bottom-right of the Nav screen.
Tsolias10

Post by Tsolias10 »

I can confirm usb3 needed to update the touchscreen on C3 Flair 2017 only. For some reason usb2 is not working thus the usb key problem with the message on the screen.
Mal

Post by Mal »

I got a notification on MyCitroen app that there was an update to my C3 Aircross Touch Screen. I have previously downloaded updates and they have installed correctly. I have just completed the update for PSA_rcc-firmware_1_076_16-1B116-4_RCC_EU_W2 and, once complete, this is what I found:

- I only have access to the heating/aircon screen and am able to use all functions on this screen.
- The radio is stuck on one channel only and I can’t change the volume (fortunately its not too high a volume). As I cant use the left button to switch to radio - see later - I cant change the channel, tune, see list etc.
- I can plug in my iPhone and get screens for CarPlay and they seem to work
- I cant use any of the peripheral buttons to the left or right of the main screen eg the ones to select the radio mode, car settings etc

I switched the engine off and on and I still have lost functionality as above. I seem to recall that holding down the radio button for some time can restart the screen, but as I cant use that button that will not work. Is there another way to cause a restart?

Has anyone seen this issue? Has anyone any ideas what I can do to correct this?
Mal

Post by Mal »

I left the car for a few hours, then tried the touchscreen. It seemed to work OK this time!!!