Touch Screen Software Updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
grahams

Post by grahams »

Hi Jay,
I had a search around for Aircross tips on how to upgrade non Sat Nav screen software. Not found anything so far for the Aircross but might be worth looking at this link. It's for the C3 but it's likely the upgrade process is similar. Worth a read.

https://citroenc3owners.com/tips-for-an ... t2622.html

RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Can you take the car back to your dealer and get them to do it as you're obviously not getting anywhere after all your efforts. Get them to do it for you?
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Yes, I'll do that but, you know, I'm a bloke and like to do these things myself. I'm not worried, I'll drop in next time I'm passing and see what they can do for me. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
TDL

Post by TDL »

I have the same issue, Phone app tells me to update the touchscreen (I don't have Nav) and so I email the link to my Win10 laptop.
Then I bought a nice new USB stick, unzipped the files and copied them to it.. .. feeling rather pleased with myself at this point.. :D
then I popped the USB into my car and aaagh "This USB key is not compatible with this vehicle" :shock: :?

So can anybody help with my sorry tale........
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I got there in the end. It would only work via a usb3 stick. Download to your computer. Unzip, copy to the memory stick. I guess you could instead unzip TO the memory stick. Download the licence key file and copy that to the stick. In the stick you should see the licence key file and a folder. Inside the folder should be all the other files.

Oh, also, the app didn't recognise the update. Perhaps that only changes when Citroen plug your car in at the workshop. Mine says it still needs updating but when I tried it again, the car said it was already the latest version.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi got my car today and so pleased but I'm having problems too with updating touchscreen. The file downloaded ends in .tar and I can't see anyway to unzip this - help needed please šŸ™„
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

.tar is a compressed file, but I donā€™t think the Windows built-in unzipper works with this type of file. There are any number of free unzippers available to download - try googling it to find one that does. That worked for me. And donā€™t forget it has to be a USB 3 stick - wonā€™t work with USB 2. Good luck, and come back if any further problems.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

This is trying my patience. I have now downloaded and unzipped the files on Windows 10. I now have an SWL folder and a separate key file. Put it on car and it tells me the file is corrupted. I have tried downloading several times and am now stuck. I am quite IT savvy but this is beating me and I don't quite know what to do. I haven't got to trying to update the maps yet!! Any advice help would be much appreciated. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

I had the ā€œcorrupted fileā€ error message on my first attempts with the map update. Like you, I repeated the whole download/unzip process several times, to no avail. BUT, my failed attempts were with a USB 2 stick, so I invested in a new USB 3 stick, and it worked first time!

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve already seen these, but the following links are what Citroen Customer Care sent me when I queried my update failures with them?

https://citroen-uk-en.custhelp.com/ci/f ... ation.pptx

https://citroen-uk-en.custhelp.com/ci/f ... l_0DDA.pdf

Hope this helps?

Mike
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi Mike thanks for your reply. Yes I had found and read the links you mentioned and I'm also using a USB3 stick so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I'm do I'm doing wrong. I'm determined it won't beat me will have another attempt later today but go on holiday tomorrow so it may have to wait until we get home. Thanks for your advice.