2022 Citroen C3 Aircross Tool Kit Help

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
ESP

Post by ESP »

This is my first post so any help and advice will be gratefully received.

I've recently purchased a 2022 Citroen C3 Aircross Diesel from a dealership. My previous car was a Citroen C3 Aircross Petrol that had a space saver spare wheel and toolkit.

During the sales process I had the spare wheel space preconditioned as an optional extra. It was agreed with the Sales person for me to keep the space saver wheel from my previous car. Prior to collection of the new vehicle the sales person advised me to take out the space saver wheel, tool kit, and the black polystyrene spacer and they would keep the emergency tyre inflator & black polystyrene spacer from the new model.

The space saver wheel obviously fits in the preconditioned space on the new model but when the tool kit and black polystyrene spacer from my previous model is fitted it is too high.

Does anyone know what tool kit fits the new model and if I should have kept the black polystyrene spacer from the new model as it seemed much thinner than the original one. Even without the black polystyrene spacer fitted the tool kit is still too high.

Thank you in advance.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You have to take account of the fact that a Diesel version uses the space under the boot for the Adblue Tank and the Diesel Particle Filter Additive Reservoir. Both these systems require space and therefore you won't have the same volume of space available as you did with a petrol version that does not have these items. In my case the tools fit in the rear right side of the boot in the storage container next to the Subwoofer of the HiFi system as there is no room for them where the spare wheel is located.

I should mention that my toolkit is is contained in a cloth bag wrapped up, so no fancy pre-moulded foam that sits in the spare.

Boot.jpg

BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Some years ago we changed a C4 to a DS4 ad blue and had exactly the same issue.
The spare wheel foam insert wouldn't fit , as Juan says the spare well is shallow in comparison, I am guessing this is same with your new C3A.
Do be aware though, when we sourced the thinner foam insert for the DS4, it was a ridiculous price , almost £100 for a thin shaped polystyrene foam..an absolute rip off !
We did eventually get the dealer to give it us for free... so be aware.. assuming its available the cost will be shocking !

BTW
On our new C4 , they have filled the spare wheel well with a huge sub woofer... there is no option for a spare, unless I remove the higher level floor and simply place one above the woofer..
Otherwise I am stuck with just the inflation / gunk repair ...
Somethings I have to say Citroen, are not progress in my view !
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
ESP

Post by ESP »

Thank you both for your very helpful replies.

I would think I will need the (thin) black polystyrene spacer back from the dealership? I would have thought they would be more clued up on the situation.