Speed camera update mystery

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Westman

Post by Westman »

Hi All

I always thought that that to update speed camera locations you had to load a file to a usb stick and apply the update via the USB port in the car. I’ve never bothered to do this.
However, recently , a new speed camera was installed on my usual route and the Aircross sat nav has not been showing it ( as expected) but today when I went passed it it was showing the speed camera on the satnav..

How.?I haven’t updated the speed camera database or even connected it to a network… Any ideas

Rgds JR

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You don't manually update speed cameras on the NAC (Connected NAV) system - it's part of the connected services if you have a valid subscription either to the Live services (which is free for 3 years) or if you separately purchase the speed camera update. The camera locations are updated automatically using the in-car data connection.
Westman

Post by Westman »

Thanks
I didn’t realise that.. I thought you had to update the speed camera locations manually .As I do on my Tom Tom device
JR
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You used to on previous Citroen / Peugeot / DS systems like the RT4, MyWay, eMyWay (RT6), 7" Touchscreen (SMEG) for example, but it's all done 'over the air' now with these later systems. Once your 3 years is up you can extend the services on a yearly or 3 yearly basis. Your live services cover things like Parking Space availability in multi-storey car parks, petrol station fuel prices and all that sort of thing. Probably more useful for city driving, as here we are quite rural and not a lot of use to me apart from fuel prices. ;)