C3 Aircross armrest

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
HungryGeorge

Post by HungryGeorge »

Hello,

I’m wondering whether I could fit a genuine armrest on the side of the driver’s seat. Is there any chance, that the seat already contain the mechanism, which locks the armchair-like armrest? If yes, do you know where I could get one? Is changing the whole seat the only way to get the original armrest?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

You can buy aftermarket types check a few reviews
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The original Citroen armrest consists of both the armrest itself and a mounting hinge unit that affixes to the seat. So if not originally fitted, you would need both these parts to fix a Citroen Original.

But to be honest, look for something like an 'Armster' unit that is more like the large central one like the C5 X7 had. These can be fitted directly over the rear binnacle and attached quite easily. In fact they are similar to the accessory armrests that Citroen offers for vehicles without an original. In many ways you are better off, as if you already had the single armrest fitted at factory like I do, then it is more difficult having to remove the existing one and cover the gaping hole up before fitting a larger central aftermarket one.

This is the accessory version Citroen offer, although not cheap at £175!

Armrest.PNG

I think the Armster versions are much better priced with several options. This is the Armster 2 at £98

armster 2.PNG

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I fitted the Armster Armrest to my C3 when I bought the car in 2019 and am very pleased with it (£64.95), just needed a couple of small unobtrusive holes drilled into the plastic around the rear cigar lighter cover. I think the armrest should have been a standard fitting from Citroen, but this is an acceptable alternative.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
HungryGeorge

Post by HungryGeorge »

Thank you so much for your kind, helpful answers! Wish you a merry Christmas!🎄
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I fitted one similar to that pictured to my C3 MK3 hatchback. My C3 Aircross Flair came with one fitted on the driver's seat. To be honest the aftermarket I preferred as both driver and passenger can use it because of its width. It also has storage in top which the Citroen one doesn't.
Happy Christmas to you all. 🌲☃️🎅🏻⛄
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars