App won’t configure to car

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

Just taken delivery of C5 aircross hybrid shine plus unable to complete the sync process for the app fails when you try to pair key with phone etc have turned Bluetooth on and off deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone anybody have any ideas thanks

SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

I do know if an app problem. I deleted it then loaded it again. I can't get beyond the first screen. Even moving away from the house, switching wifi on and off again etc.
I did, however, manage to connect a laptop, and upload the videos from the camera, which showed that it worked.
1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red
martyness

Post by martyness »

What app are you trying to pair with your car?

The my Citroen app requires the cars VIN number and a Bluetooth connection to the car.

The ConnectedCAM app requires your car to have a ConnectedCAM installed (this was moved to an optional extra so your car might not have this feature).
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

ConnectedCAM also needs you initially to be away from your home or other strong networks when trying to pair. The cam WiFi is limited to about a cars length in range. It has no internet facility.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

Hi thanks the my Citroen app is the app I was trying to configure I have managed to configure to the vehicle I found you need to have both keys to initially set it up
martyness

Post by martyness »

Should of only needed the vin number for the My Citroen app and then connect to the car via Bluetooth.

Never needed the car keys to set it up ever.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

martyness wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:50 pm Should of only needed the vin number for the My Citroen app and then connect to the car via Bluetooth.

Never needed the car keys to set it up ever.
Agreed.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Holdfastalex

Post by Holdfastalex »

Tripods wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:25 pm Hi thanks the my Citroen app is the app I was trying to configure I have managed to configure to the vehicle I found you need to have both keys to initially set it up
Hi, I'm having the same issue with a new C5 Aircross Shine Plus PHEV. Are there any other tips or suggestions you can give? Won't work for me, even with two keys!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

MyCitroen App.
Car has Citroen Bluetooth network.
Look on phone in Bluetooth list for Citroen. If not there do a search and connect to it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Holdfastalex

Post by Holdfastalex »

Holdfastalex wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:51 pm
Tripods wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:25 pm Hi thanks the my Citroen app is the app I was trying to configure I have managed to configure to the vehicle I found you need to have both keys to initially set it up
Hi, I'm having the same issue with a new C5 Aircross Shine Plus PHEV. Are there any other tips or suggestions you can give? Won't work for me, even with two keys!
Update on my previous post - car needed Tech Updates before the sync would work. Citroen Technical Cust Care very helpful and guided me through process. Car updated and app synced now.