Private Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
pmcr

Post by pmcr »

Hi,

- In settings - I have the below 3 options. This 'company' option isn't on some other screenshots I've seen - Is it an old menu option that's been changed in more recent updates? Does it mean this car is still connected to the previous owner's company account and if so, how would I get it disconnected?

IMG_1150.jpeg

- When I disable data sharing, it kindly tells me I can change this setting at any time ..but it tells me every time I start the engine, requiring me to opt out repeatedly. Any way to just save this setting?

IMG_1149(1).jpeg

- I'm assuming this is just for the main touchscreen apps, and also disables things like satnav traffic updates? Does it also disable SOS location sending in the event of airbag deployment or is those features entirely separate.

BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

This is related to the MY Citroen App that you can download and also the on board camera.

These need to be enabled for the car to send data to and from the My Citroen App.
It communicates camera data, and vehicle location, mpg, distance travelled etc to your mobile via the app.
You can also upload sat nav directions direct to your car via your phone app.

It's simply asking if you will allow the data to be shared with your app.. ( assuming of course you have / or want the app anyway),
Personally speaking for our C5A, it has some uses, but the app is a bit hit n miss on reliability.

You don't need it, but its entirely up to you..
There's lots of info on the camera and My Citroen app on the forum , if you use the search facility.

( assuming that you have a C5A and yours works in the same way of course?)

Cheers
Steve
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
pmcr

Post by pmcr »

Ah, thank you,
So it's nothing to do with sharing car location data back via the Satnav or the Citroen Connect Box ( https://citroen.my-customerportal.com/c ... uage=en_GB ) and other Citroen connected services?

Without a phone app connected, it doesn't send data anyway?
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

It would, if you enabled the data agreement.. but it can't ( shouldn't) if you haven't given permission. GDPR ( data protection etc)

As I say, we find it useful, some of the time.. but the app isn't perfect when it works it works ok.. but more often than not it doesn't, with us anyway..
If enabled, it will log your mileage, mpg, and tell you how much distance is left in your tank, fuel levels . when car service is due etc ..but really, you can access all this on the dash anyway.
Same with the camera facility, you need to agree to the data being sent to the phone app etc..

Had our C5A since May, and to be honest I hardly use the app anymore.. but its personal choice and a bit of a pfaff anyway.
The only useful thing I have found is for the software / firm ware updates for the touch screen& sat nav.
Ours has been updated maps once and touch screen twice since May ..
Here again, if you search the forum, there is plenty of info on here.. Hope this helps.
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
pmcr

Post by pmcr »

Thank you for the tips.

(Info below only for us weirdos who aren't big fans of having every single device we own, with connected services enabled...)

Searching the citroen.my-customerportal.com, it seems that the 'Privacy Mode' does also control the vehicle's onboard connected services (Telemaintenance, SatNav, SOS & Assistance buttons), even if no mobile phone apps are connected. It looks like you do need to confirm this every time the engine starts, which seems unnecessarily naggy, if you've already taken the trouble to enable 'Privacy Mode' in the settings.

>> 'How to enable and disable data sharing and vehicle position?
Any connected vehicle is equipped with a privacy protection mechanism: Private mode activated: data sharing and vehicle position cannot be done. Connected services (Telemaintenance, reporting vehicle information in the MyCitroen application, connected navigation services, MirrorScreen functions (Carplay / Android Auto), SOS and Assistance services, remote e-commands, etc.) are only returned when the private mode is deactivated. https://citroen.my-customerportal.com/c ... uage=en_GB

It looks like it's also possible to terminate connected services, by contacting Citroen. https://citroen.my-customerportal.com/c ... uage=en_GB