Nav & map update help?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
martyness

Post by martyness »

Airtool I found that website which searching for firmware download links. Shows there are still a lot of people on wave 3 firmware because Citroen don't show any updates for it even though they merged the wave 3 and wave 4 systems to use the same firmware.

Looks like with helping people out here I've moved the wave 3 firmware adoption from 15% to 14% by moving people to wave 4 firmware.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts

martyness

Post by martyness »

Moley I will send you a pm with links to help you get your C5 aircross updated.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Yes martyness very helpful, problem is Citroen doesn't state what software for what age car or system so nobody nows when there's a benefit to update.i would not know whether I am wave 3 or 4 or what the difference is.
Thanks
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
martyness

Post by martyness »

Airtool

To be honest the only really difference between wave 3 and wave 4 systems is the wave 4 have slightly better hardware specs so they are capable of outputting on larger displays. That's why they merged the firmware for wave 3 and 4 together so we're all on the same versions. Plus it's cheaper development wise too.

Wave 3 systems were very short lived (only a year maybe 2) before the wave 4 systems were being used instead.

There is a problem with Citroen's update process but I don't think they are willing to put the money in to create a better more unified update system that would stop the problems that we are seeing on here.

At least with forums like these we can all help each other out.
Moley

Post by Moley »

Thanks for the PM martyness, I'm looking into it now.
Interesting thread, lots to learn here!
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Please advise how long it took to install map update via usb in car? I have a blue oblong constantly flashing across the screen and nothing else for last hour? Should it be taking this long?
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Mine took 45 mins
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
srperry

Post by srperry »

If you're doing all the maps it could take over an hour.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Thank for your replies. Finally managed to update. Took over 3 hours to download from internet and about an hour to install.
Seriously worried about engine overheating during installation, electric fan cutting in constantly.
Surely Citroen could think of an easier way to do these updates.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

You can drive while doing the updates you just loose the use of the screen. So you set radio station. Aircon etc. I did that whilst doing the maps but decided to stay stationary for the firmware.
It's the same as doing a operating system or bios update to your laptop it has it has to be plugged in even though the battery is fully charged. I suppose if you connected a 12v supply to the battery it may negate the engine running requirement but I am it willing to find out.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars