Nav & map update help?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
PeteUK

Post by PeteUK »

Hi martyness, could you please sent me a pm with the update details?
Thanks for all your efforts in sorting out this mess.
C5 Aircross Flair 1.2 130 S&S manual - Pearl White

martyness

Post by martyness »

PeteUK a pm has been sent your way.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
grantham6

Post by grantham6 »

Hello martnyess,

Thanks for your help in the pm. I didn't get chance to thank you as it seems I hadn't made enough comments to send a pm back.

I successfully installed the same update as you above, and lost my maps.

From the Android app I successfully downloaded another Citroen update as well as maps. Citroen website directed me to a Windows program that downloaded the latest update + maps and created the USB.

The update failed and the screen is now stuck in an update loop - the screen won't turn off even with the car off! I hope you didn't suffer the same fate.

I'm currently updating the USB with the latest version downloaded in the first place and I'm going to try that.

Failing that I'm going to have to figure out how to do a factory reset for the touchscreen.
martyness

Post by martyness »

Grantham6 it's no problems.

The first update might of caused you to loose maps due to it changing the system firmware from a wave 3 to wave 4 system. I can't remember as I done the firmware update then it wanted to do the map update straight afterwards as they were both on the usb from the download.

I then updated to the latest firmware version without any problems. Sorry to hear that the second update failed. I don't know if this will help but I found this:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/h ... em.346014/
martyness

Post by martyness »

For all those who have managed to get their car up-to-date, there is a newly released software update.

Version 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0

Once again this will only show up via the website links on page 2 or via the Citroen update app on desktop/laptop. It will not appear on the mycitroen app.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Hi Martyness thanks for being so helpful to many on updates but one quick question, are c3 and c5 updates different or even models because I read about updates starting with 42 while my c3 is on 21.08.87.32 on 20.0.0 mapping.
Thanks
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Yes, C3 and C5 do have different update numbers for both screen/firmware and mapping
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

martyness wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 pm For all those who have managed to get their car up-to-date, there is a newly released software update.

Version 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0

Once again this will only show up via the website links on page 2 or via the Citroen update app on desktop/laptop. It will not appear on the mycitroen app.
The above update is only a firmware/screen update. It has nothing to do with Nav or Map updates. It is only for C5 Aircross if the Citroen Update app lists it.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Spark

Post by Spark »

It has nothing to do with Nav or Map updates
When I performed a map update to version 7.0.0 in May 2020, it required firmware version 42.01.72.32 or higher. It could be possible that the next to come map update requires this new firmware version.
Last edited by Spark on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Business Plus ▪︎ Manual ▪︎ Pearl White
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Found this on psa site.

Scroll down lists to see latest updates.

https://sites.google.com/view/nac-rcc/system/nac

Seems my c3 is on wave 2.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey