Nav & map update help?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
martyness

Post by martyness »

JohnM52 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:11 am
martyness wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 pm For all those who have managed to get their car up-to-date, there is a newly released software update.

Version 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0

Once again this will only show up via the website links on page 2 or via the Citroen update app on desktop/laptop. It will not appear on the mycitroen app.
The above update is only a firmware/screen update. It has nothing to do with Nav or Map updates. It is only for C5 Aircross if the Citroen Update app lists it.
It is to do with the navigation system as it is the firmware update for the navigation/entertainment system.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts

martyness

Post by martyness »

Airtool yeah the c3 aircross and C5 aircross run on different wave versions. The C3 aircross is a wave 2 systems (not sure if the facelift version has the newer wave 4 system or if it's still the original wave 2 system).

The C5 aircross started off on the wave 3 system but it then got the wave 4 system installed after a year. This made them merge the wave 3 and wave 4 firmwares into one firmware as the underlying hardware is basically the same just wave 4 systems can output onto bigger screens.
martyness

Post by martyness »

I would also like to add after installing the latest nav software update that it is a lot more responsive when using the touchscreen or the touch sensitive buttons. No press and wait a second or two before changing screen or doing what you want it to.

Will see how it holds up next time I use it but for now it's a lot better to use.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

" It is to do with the navigation system as it is the firmware update for the navigation/entertainment system."
I can see what you are suggesting, but the screen update deals with radio and entertainment, telephone, HVAC and network within the car. Also, during screen update the park assist is non functional.
I see this as much more than a reference to "Nav" suggests.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
martyness

Post by martyness »

What I mean by nav update is the navigation/entertainment software/firmware which deals with everything that's on the cars main computer which includes the touchscreen as without that firmware/software there is no touchscreen.
jonpetern

Post by jonpetern »

Just to add myself into the ongoing updates chat - I'm currently on a 2019 update. I've downloaded the MY Citroen app and have followed the links to install Citroen Update on my Win PC. I've inputted VIN and I have a 2021 update ready to download. Unfortunately every time I try to download it says the download has failed and to check my (working) internet connection.

Help!!! Thanks :)
2020 C5 Aircross EAT 1.5 TDi Flair Plus - Volcanic Red - Pan Roof
martyness

Post by martyness »

Jonpetern what I found was that using the browser links and downloading via your web browser rather than through the Citroen update app on Windows were faster and more reliable.

Both times I downloaded via the app on Windows it has either failed or was going to take hours longer that via chrome.
jonpetern

Post by jonpetern »

martyness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:40 pm Jonpetern what I found was that using the browser links and downloading via your web browser rather than through the Citroen update app on Windows were faster and more reliable.

Both times I downloaded via the app on Windows it has either failed or was going to take hours longer that via chrome.
PM inbound😌
jonpetern

Post by jonpetern »

I managed to get the firmware update thanks to your updated information martyness, thank you! The map update doesn't have the same progress screen as the firmware update, so I have no idea how it's getting on. I got past the country selection screen so hopefully it's doing something, as the firmware update erased my maps! Think I'll go for a drive thru coffee while I wait😄
jonpetern

Post by jonpetern »

...and all sorted (breathing a sigh of relief!)

It seems that the nav update slightly changed the palette on both screens, and possibly added functionality, but I didn't pay much attention to what was there before, so I'm not sure if the "walk the rest of the way" and buildings / terrain options were there or not before.

The secret for me was a brand new USB stick, and NOT naming the folder as "rcc_update" as I had previously been informed, just keeping the 10 digit folder inside the SWL folder. I only tried one update at once, so either the firmware or nav were present on my USB with the licence key, but not both as that caused a failure.

Thanks once again to martyness for all his help via PM, he is henceforth known to me as The Update Oracle!!!