Nav & map update help?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
martyness

Post by martyness »

I eventually got a response from Citroen connected services and they just fobbed me off with if there's no update then take it to the dealer.

I persisted by telling them it's a much bigger problem with C5 aircross's on the wave 3 system and that they should take it higher up and recently got back to me saying according to their systems via this link:

https://www.citroen.ie/quick-links/myci ... ystem.html

Apparently I have a maps update and a firmware update available. I know I have a map update as the app says so and as for firmware I know there's one but their system keeps telling me no. I've not been able to check as it needs to be done via a desktop/laptop as the link doesn't work for mobile. However would they have got the same result if I hadn't manually updated my firmware and maps myself?

Who knows but I think last time I tried that link it failed to work properly.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts

martyness

Post by martyness »

I can confirm that to anyone who needs help with updates that the link in my post above works. It showed both the latest maps and the newest software update for me.

This is while the mycitroen app only showed the latest map update and no firmware update available.

So somewhere on Citroens servers there is an issue where it's not properly communicating between devices.

However I am still skeptical as the Citroen update app on Windows didn't show me as having any updates when I originally installed it. It also only showed the maps update when I checked it after manually updating so I can only assume they did something on their end to show all available updates.
srperry

Post by srperry »

The link doesn't work for me!
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
martyness

Post by martyness »

The link has to be used on a laptop or desktop computer. It won't work on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet.
srperry

Post by srperry »

I am using a laptop. I get the result below:

Screenshot 2021-07-03 101410.png

Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Not that I need it, but works ok on my laptop.

https://www.citroen.ie/quick-links/myci ... ystem.html

Screen Shot 07-03-21 at 11.40 AM.PNG

NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

This is the link I used successfully for the UK.

https://navigation.citroen.co.uk/update ... ion-system

Mike.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Thanks Mikeb, that link worked for me too. The picture I put above was the result after I had entered my VIN... Your link worked fine...
martyness

Post by martyness »

I think both links are effectively off to the same server as I've previously tried to use the other link but it just kept spinning after putting my vin in.

Srperry I can only assume that whatever plugin Citroen used for the checker didn't want to load on that link as it's the same error as when you try to load the link on your mobile.

I'm happy that you got another link to work though.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Thanks for your help, anyway, martyness.