Nav & map update help?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
spinecho

Post by spinecho »

Hi all!

I've just bought a 2019 Aircross C5, found this really helpful forum and ilboth car and forum are amazing!

I've downloaded the app and Windows update app.

Currently sitting in car having performed the firmware update.... I am waiting for map update to finish. As I'm in UK I deselected all except UK... However it's still updating after 45mins.

How long have most people's map updates taken?

Thanks in advance!

spinecho

Post by spinecho »

Update to last post....

map update took just over 50mins... Now it's asking me.to do another update.

Is this normal?
peter m

Post by peter m »

It will.if you don't remove usb stick on reboot.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
spinecho

Post by spinecho »

peter m wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:01 pm It will.if you don't remove usb stick on reboot.
Thanks... found that out the hard way!!! I just said no to update and then said update complete!!

I've now got a nice 3D sat nav!!
t3rm3y

Post by t3rm3y »

Hi,
I have been looking for updates for my car (C4 cactus) looking online and it seems I will need to do the same update (wave 4) as mine says its latest already ( maps are 10.0.0 but I believe 12.0.0 is available.
Any advice or links please to install the newest updates ?
The site I found was in polish
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I doubt this will be a wave 4 on a C4 Cactus.....

Forget the maps for a moment, what is the system firmware version? This will tell us what hardware you have.

Not all systems have the same map versions - so that may be why you are on a different version. In any case there's no need to go to dodgy sites - your maps should be free for life if you have the Connected Nav system - but again depends on the year and what the agreement was. The App should advise if there is a map update available.
t3rm3y

Post by t3rm3y »

Hi. So after my message I installed the Citroen app on my mobile and this offered a higher version system software, which also included maps 14. I'm in process of creating the usb stick.
Previously when I checked on the Citroen website it only have me the software that had version 10 maps.. hopefully it's all sorted.