Accelerator pedal

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Jay R wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:20 pm What's the problem? It temporarily overrides the speed setting.

Page 139
Driving
Temporarily exceeding the speed setting
Press firmly on the accelerator pedal, going beyond the point of resistance, to exceed the programmed speed limit.

The number of people that buy a car and don't read the manual staggers me. You'll be asking how to mute the stereo next!
You can mute the stereo??? :o
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Doesn’t feel like overriding a limit switch, try it!
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Having had my C3 Aircross for 3 years, I have tried it a few times. Not sure why you are arguing, just take your car out and do it yourself for proof.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

You know what they say Jay R.... "If all else fails, read the manual"! BTW how do you mute the stereo? Only joking :lol:
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I/we are querying the amount of force needed to override the speed control, just doesn’t feel right. On my previous Citroen the system was the same but imperceptible in operation. The pedal just went to the floor without any resistance.
Progress…
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Main stealer says it is the kickdown switch, same throttle pedal assembly used on both automatic and manual variants. Seems logical, but I’ve driven hundreds of autos and never felt a kickdown switch this harsh.
Have registered it with both main stealer and Citroen customer services should a fault develop out of warranty….
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I tried this out on our C3. I set the speed limiter at 25 mph. I then progressively pressed the accelerator and nothing happened until i got right to the bottom of the travel. Then there was a click and the pedal went a little further and the car accelerated rapidly. After that the throttle acted exactly as normal, backing off to throttle closed and accelerating as used normally. When the speed dropped below the set limit, on attempting to accelerate again it would not go above the limit until I pressed until the pedal clicked again.

From what I have seen above and experienced, I would say that the pedal is completely normal and there is nothing to worry about.