Pollen filter change - C5 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Hejt

Post by Hejt »

Hello there,

I've tried to search for some instructions how to change pollen filter on my C5 Aircross 1.6 PureTech, no luck... I tried the dealer, he sent me something they use, but frankly I do not get it and am afraid I'd damage something trying to find out. Does someone have experience with this, please?

Sorry for my English, greetings from Czech Republic :)

JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

This is from a post from a C3 aircross user, might be the same on the C5A too!

Replacing the filter at the yearly scheduled service by your dealer is OK I think, unless you live in a very polluted or dusty environment.

Anyway, it is not difficult to replace it:
-Open the engine hood
-From the left side (over the coolant tank) pull/remove the hood rubber seal (no need to remove it completely, about half of its length is OK)
-push down the lower plastic panel where the seal was attached
-inside the cavity is the filter
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I never changed the pollen filter on my previous C3 Picasso, I had it for 10 years, regularly cleaned it with a vacuum cleaner.
The dealer changed the filter on my C3 Aircross at 2nd service, £42 for the filter!
My dashcam filmed the service, the mechanic removed both wiper arms as well as the rubber seal and plastic cover to gain access.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yes the cost seems horrific and cleaning with the hoover will take the dust off. But if it gets damp due to blocked scuttle drains the smell of damp floor cloth is horrible. Solution buy and fit your own filter. Cost around 7 to 10 pounds from GSF
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars