Blind spot monitor switching off

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Leigh75

Post by Leigh75 »

Need some advise as I can’t get an answer. I have had my C3 Aircross since October and never really took much notice but lately my blind spot monitor is switching off on it’s own, it bleeps then goes off and if I try and put it back on it won’t allow me it flashes on and off and then stays off. Is this normal? Am I missing something?

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Hi. That would signify to me that it has a faulty sensor.
Have you recently washed the car or maybe dinged the bumpers.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Citroen ... RCSXc,st:0
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Do you get false positives? Like this?

This is on a 2019 C3. The video shows me driving up my local road and the sensors reacting to the kerbs. I had some warnings on my central screen, first 'blind spot system fault' then 'system switched off.' The system does function correctly when being overtaken and appears to be ok on nearside.

I took it to Citroen who told me it was functioning correctly, but it faulted again within 100 yards of leaving. I was not pleased, feeling fobbed off and I suspect the faults were not read. So they asked me to provide video, the one attached. This time they read and deleted the faults, got in touch with the 'manufacturers' who said 'they are all like that'. I don't take kindly to this kind of bullsh*t. So all they could do was to escalate to Citroen Care, who agree it is all wrong and are looking into it, but that was a week ago and I haven't heard from them yet. I feel a phone call coming up on Monday.

In the meantime the car now gives a fault warning nearly every journey. At present we are at ~ 32 in 9 days, and the car hasn't been driven on some of those days. The car is in Thursday this week, and I can feel an interesting visit coming up.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When it rains I get spurious warnings on both sides especially on fast roads like motorways and also in slip roads. I think this is caused by spray and reflection off crash barriers and signs
srperry

Post by srperry »

Beanee687 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:18 am When it rains I get spurious warnings on both sides especially on fast roads like motorways and also in slip roads. I think this is caused by spray and reflection off crash barriers and signs
Me too. I haven't had any issue like the original poster, though...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Leigh75

Post by Leigh75 »

It won’t even switch on at all if just flashes beeps and goes off
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi routemaster1, no I don't get this on our C3 Aircross or C4 Spacetourer, except occasionally in heavy rain as others have said. Sounds like you have a lazy dealer unfortunately - I'd say this is definitely a fault and that they're not 'all like that'!
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I don't know whether the first dealer was lasy or just not very good. I gave a bad review and the Service Manager is no longer there. I have no idea whether the two are connected. The second dealer has been brilliant. They diagnosed the issue within an hour, and ordered 2 new sensors 21st October. One has to be painted body colour. Unfortunately the sensors were on backorder, were originally due into 'the factory' at the end of January, but were delayed. Got a call about 3 weeks ago and had them fitted yesterday. No more false positives, works as it should, no more alarms. I ususlly say that I refuse to use the expression 'delighted' in customer service surveys, but this time I will make an exception. I will probably use them exclusively from now on.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Interesting event today. I was on the M27 Which around Fareham is 4 lane smart ??????.. anyway had limiter on set at 60 in my mirror I saw a moped/motor bike approaching and when he got in the blind spot the dash told that the blind spot monitor had a fault. The bike went past and the rider was wearing dayglow metallic camouflaged suit. Once clear the fault went away. After that the next bike encounter was normal so his suit was the problem.