C3 Aircross 2018 issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
startv

Post by startv »

Hello all new to this forum in terms of posting albeit have been reading it for many months now.

I have had a few issues with my Citroen C3 Aircross 2018 to date which I wish to state below and some feedback or resolution (or not) by Citroen dealers who I have mentioned the issues to:

1) Gears were notchy - Citroen Stoneacre dealership agreed and provided a software update which has made my gears feel much better!

2) Jerky/jumpy driving - Citroen Stoneacre dealer confirmed was jerky drive and changed my oxygen sensor and reanitialiased my sensors - appeared to solve the issue but few weeks later issue has resumed! Took to my local Citroen Evanshalshaw dealer who checked today but never commented on it being an issue (no fault found)

3) Rear passenger creeky door - sometimes notice rear passenger door creeks when opening closing, compared to other doors and noise creek not present on other doors - Citroen Evanshalshaw have lubed all doors.

4) Steering pulling to left when driving - Citroen Evanshalshaw confirmed it does pull to left during driving but stated no fault as "this is normal camber of the road" ?

5) Jumping tyres/feel like coming of rim when turning - two separate dealers said no issue, Citroen Stoneacre said found a TSB that states this is normal in cold weather and today Citroen Evanshalshaw stated "no fault found with tyres or wheels" ? Look will have to contact Citroen direct like stated on forum topic re this issue.

6) Wing mirrors suddenly folded inwards and not folding back out when car turned on - Citroen Evanshalshaw have "reset wing mirrors" today - now working okay

7) Collision Risk Alert/Active Safety Brake warning light shows up steady on dashboard when seat belt taken off by driver or front passenger during driving (previously used to come on during driving without any seatbelt link) - Citroen Evanshalshaw hooked up to diagnostics and stated no errors or faults shown so cannot confirm any fault is present ?

Anyone else experienced anything similar or any comments for the issues stated as not being a fault by Citroen dealers?

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I had a problem with the door check strap on my drivers door clunking/clicking when I opened or closed the door. Dealer rejected my warranty claim saying damage caused by high wind!
Took the matter up with Citroen using videos and photos, they too rejected the claim saying it was not a manufacturing defect.
I have changed the part myself, the plastic around the pin at the body end was fractured. I will persist with my claim.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Static your item 7
Thus is the same in my Aircross 2020. It's inhibited if seat belt undone.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Starv your item 7
This is the same on my Aircross 2020. It's inhibited if seat belt undone.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
startv

Post by startv »

Beanee687 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:25 am Static your item 7
Thus is the same in my Aircross 2020. It's inhibited if seat belt undone.
Thanks Beanee687 for your reply - so I take it is likely a normal feature and not a fault? I had based my understanding on the Citroen handbook on the app that stated if this light came on without flashing to speak to Citroen dealer?
peter m

Post by peter m »

Ref 7 it's the same on mine if seat belt released disables active safety brake.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
startv

Post by startv »

Brill thanks guys for clarifying this issue as was thinking was not normal but now know it is not a fault - the MyCitroen app should clarify this as it doesn't mention about this indicator coming on when seat belts removed.

Thanks again :)
startv

Post by startv »

Hiboost wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:20 am I had a problem with the door check strap on my drivers door clunking/clicking when I opened or closed the door. Dealer rejected my warranty claim saying damage caused by high wind!
Took the matter up with Citroen using videos and photos, they too rejected the claim saying it was not a manufacturing defect.
I have changed the part myself, the plastic around the pin at the body end was fractured. I will persist with my claim.
Sorry to hear that Hiboost. Keep persevering with Citroen and hopefully they may honour your warranty claim we can only hope they sort it for you but my local dealer was telling me yesterday that Citroen seem to become much more stricter on warranty claims recently?