C3 Aircross 1.2 Flair Door check strap

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I have a conundrum and would be interested in others views.

I purchased a 2019 1.2 110 Flair last year, I have suffered since purchase with a clunking drivers door check strap, but left it until the car went for its second service a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer rejected the claim for a new strap saying that it had been damaged by high winds. I have experience of such damage having had my old C3 Picasso door almost ripped off its hinges by winds at Dover, this event distorted the A Post and put the door out of alignment, but did not break the check strap.

Anyway, I complained to Citroen Service with accompanying videos only for them to reject the claim.

I subsequently bought a new check strap and fitted it myself yesterday, £50! (30 minute job, just extremely strong clips holding the door panel on).

Today I have had a look at the old check strap, to my amazement the date of manufacture lasered onto the part is 07/19, four months after the vehicle was registered!

This makes me think that there is an inherent fault with the part and it has already been changed once under warranty whilst with the previous owner.

Comments, suggestions? How can I find out if the strap has been previously changed?

Is there an inherent fault?