Infotainment Screen goes blank followed by thumping noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Hello all,

I have very recently acquired a C5 Aircross Hybrid Shine + model. Five times now in the two weeks I have had the car the infotainmeny screen goes blank, the sound mutes and a few seconds later I hear a thumping sound inside the car, then the screen powers back up and continues as if nothing has happened.
The rest of the car and the driving is unaffected and the screens in front of the driver is unaffected. Has anyone else experienced this occurence?

The Citroen dealer had not heard of this before, so any ideas?
Your help gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Terry

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

If the vehicle is under warranty return it to the dealer, it doesn’t matter if they have previously encountered the fault or not.
Sensemaya

Post by Sensemaya »

I have the same problem plus an intermittent fault warning regarding lane departure on ignition.

Not having much success with the dealer as they only reset the system which is not solving the problem. Having sent in a couple of videos of it freezing...the black screen and popping noise is, I believe, the system rebooting...the dealer is now passing the buck on to the original dealer...I have moved house...and suggesting I contact Citroen customer service. From past experience customer service is shocking.

Does anybody have the solution to this problem?

Thank you.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Call Citroen Customer Care 0800 093 9393, explain your problem, email videos etc and tell them the dealer is doing nothing. They promise a response in 48 hours.
You have to hang on for about 15 minutes to get through.
My local dealer rejected a warranty claim and Citroen sorted it for me.
Sensemaya

Post by Sensemaya »

Hiboost

Thank you for your reply. I thought about messaging TerryH but he hasn't been back/not notified about updates to his posts, so decided against.

My love affair that has lasted with Citroen for over 25 years is now finished.

I had a very bad experience with the old model Cactus. Again this was with the infotainment system and the dealer - highly respected, award winning family business in Lancashire- or rather the aftersales/service manager had me on a string. They even offered to pay for an outdated iphone for me to use which I refused as the problem was the car not my phone. I was expected to deal with customer service who were useless. Amazingly my phone worked perfectly in the courtesy car but they weren't bothered about that.

The problem was never solved and in the end I traded it in for the aircross. This was always the plan but the trade was premature.

My wonderful aircross had a couple of different problems as explained but I felt I was being led down the garden path again. Despite showing video evidence of the freezing problem the service manager- different dealership- told me despite this if the fault couldn't be found in the diagnosics then, in so many words, it's just tough luck.

I wasn't prepared to keep trooping off to the dealer as it had already been back twice and the faults were still present. It appears to me dealers can only solve problems by resetting the system. If that doesn't work and they don't appear eager to replace the system then you have to live with it until you trade the car in and direct you to customer service who are experts at fobbing you off. Just so long as they have your money they are not bothered.

Totally unacceptable. I really loved the aircross and I'm upset to say the least but I can't go on like this.

Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Kind regards.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Hi, i am new to the forum so am looking for advice, i have exactly the same intermittent issue with my infotainment screen going blank and rebooting and the 1st time it does it it makes a loud thump noise through speakers. My car is a 2019 c5 aircross, i have lost the use of my bluetooth app as it is now greyed out, has anybody got any ideas please.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

2 possibilities:

1) Your system is failing internally (most likely the flash memory storage) and may need replacing
2) There may be an update available - check your My Citroen App to see if there is a later firmware.
3) Last chance saloon, is to try resetting the BSI. Open the bonnet, and close all the doors and boot and wait a good 5 minutes for the data networks to sleep. Then disconnect the vehicle battery from the negative if possible, but if this is too hard reach, use the positive cable, but ensure you have a cloth or something to prevent it touching any part of the vehicle. Wait a further 5 minutes before re-attaching and then wait a few minutes more for the ECUs to reinitialise, before switching on the ignition only and then removing the key (don't start the vehicle at this point. Repeat for the spare fob. The get out, and lock and unlock the vehicle with the fob remotely to ensure proper function.

You may have to set the date and time if it is not already synchronised with GPS.

Sometimes this can clear down faults and costs nothing to try.