Removal of C3 Aircross Glovebox / Lid

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

C3 Aircross Glove Box Lid and Storage Compartment Removal

Another member asked about Glove Box Fittings on the C3 Aircross on another topic, so I've created a new topic just for the removal of the lid and the box.

May be useful for those considering investigating the retrofitting of the Glovebox lighting :idea: that was 'penny pinched' away by PSA on later models :cry:

Now to be clear, I haven't yet undertaken this operation myself, I'm just providing the info as best as I can. There are no other instructions, but it does seem a bit ambiguous on the face of it. One part says to remove the storage box as a preliminary action before removing the lid - and the exact opposite when removing the lid - it says to remove the storage box first!

You'll need some basic Trim Removal Tools.

First the Lid needs to be removed:
C3AC A Glove 1A.PNG
To get to this , you'll need to remove the end piece of the dash I suspect
C3AC Glove 1B.PNG
Remove the plastic stud shown at (1) - This looks to be a push-in stud. There should also be a screw underneath holding the hydraulic ram in place that needs removing.
C3AC Glove A.PNG
Once done, the lid should lift off. But watch the 2 clips along the lower edge - they may need lifting out at an angle.
C3AC Glove B.PNG
That leaves the inner glove box itself shown here with components:
C3AC Glove C.PNG
  • (1) Lamp
  • (2) Glove box lid strut
  • (3) Storage compartment
Removal is as follows:

1) Remove the 4 screws as shown, but the lower left corner screw may be hidden or accessed from underneath.
C3AC Glove D.PNG
2) This should allow access to connectors (where fitted of course)!
C3AC Glove E.PNG
3) Lastly, you can then see the second strut.
C3AC Glove F.PNG
For those of us with newer models without the glovebox lighting, it should be easy to see if the wiring harness has the lighting connectors ready. I suspect they are there as there are no separate fascia harnesses shown on parts - only for left and right hand drive models.

So I'm sure anyone wanting to do this may have a few tips and preferably a few accompanying photos to help others, but all feedback is useful.

I can help with the lighting unit part number on request.

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Thanks VM, looking at it I reckon the entire fusebox assembly should come out with the door attached, will let you know how it goes. I am trying to improve access to the fusebox, not install a light. BTW, the catch on these is diabolically cheap, there is no striker for the catch, just a cut out in the upper part of the glovebox.
Deleted User 830

No problems. Just watch the BSI as that is basically the 'brains' and holds the fuses on the same board - it's very sensitive (and expensive)! If you do happen to take off the glovebox, do let us know if the wiring connector for the light is there (assuming you don't already have it installed). It would be useful for confirmation.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

This may be useful, should find a spare fuse position.

https://imgvehicle.com/citroen/c3-aircross-i/fuse-box
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Thanks, as your link shows, there are two fuse boxes, one under the steering column which is a doddle to access and the other behind the glovebox, which is act as more difficult unless you are a multi jointed midget
Deleted User 830

I think you're getting confused as I did when I originally looked at that diagram - there is only one location on the left hand side for the passenger compartment fuses - in the glovebox for Right Hand Drive vehicles.

The 'lower dashboard' reference is for Left Hand Drive vehicles, where it would be in the same place but in a compartment that lifts down to the left of the steering column. If you look more closely at the diagrams below the symbol showing the steering wheel and the location of the gearstick ' selector to show RHD / LHD vehicles. I have marked these with a green arrow:

So for clarification:

Left Hand Drive Vehicles
Fuse LHD.PNG
Right Hand Drive Vehicles
Fuse RHD.PNG
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Been digging, there is no fuse box under the steering wheel, a vast chasm of nothing.
So all our fuses are behind the little flap in the glovebox, good luck if you have to change one!
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

40C79C24-CF5D-49F4-BBC7-85E375C31950.jpeg

992168AF-547D-4E2D-9EA3-D793BCB776F3.jpeg

0D6414A5-75E9-4756-AC87-F13E71B6B829.jpeg

Last pic shows space created by door seal removal
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Don't think I will get my pinkies in there to fit a new connection without removing box
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

If you use a piggy back connector then you can use the cable to position it from the side and then push it in with long nose pliers or a piece of wood via the hole in the glovebox, that’s what I did.