Removal of C3 Aircross Glovebox / Lid

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Never used a piggyback does this connect to a spare fuse position or as the name says piggyback onto an original fuse.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

You remove the fuse and then fit it into the new connector, you can also have a fuse of a different rating for the new equipment you are connecting

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383925435029
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Not knowing the cable wiring size to fuse box i wonder if it would better using a unused fuse holder (for example perhaps sunroof) rather than piggybacking onto another fuse.
Although a dash cam no doubt does not draw a lot of current.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

No - stick to an existing fuse as it is simpler. Select a fuse that is either permanent live or ignition switched and then remove the existing fuse, place it in the piggy back fuse shown below, then use a secondary fuse suitable for your dash camera (usually no more than a few amps) and place that where I have arrowed in green.
C3AC Piggy Fuse.PNG
Your dash cam wiring kit should have a positive that you can then just connect to the end of the piggy back fuse below and attach the black earth to a suitable body earthing point.

The fuse connections I have shown above are typical, but check with your dash cam wiring kit supplier.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Just make sure you purchase the correct version of the piggyback, there are three.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

s-l500.jpg

Bit more digging and contorting of the body in the passenger footwell, the two 15 amp fuses are switched live and the 3 amp above and to the right are permanent lives.

There are probably others, but these are the most "easily" accessible through the small hatch in the glovebox.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Very handy hiboost, not sure which ones I would use switched or not.
I suppose if you have a cam that has a g sensor and parking mode you would not want it switched. unless the cam has a inbuilt battery or you fit a battery pack.
Again what would be the point of a cam to monitor when parked on a unswitched supply that gets shut off by the vehicle eco low battery system if left for a time.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Not sure if the eco mode shuts down all circuits or just the radio etc, I know my electric windows don’t go back up unless I start the engine.

I have will decide before finally hooking it up, but will certainly use the switched live, don’t like any visible wires.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Some cameras have a built in sensor to monitor the voltage of the battery for the permanent live, like Garmin that has 3 wires (switched live, permanent live & earth), so when the battery falls below 12.7V ot similar it switches off the camera to save draining the car battery.