C3 aircross 2019 feel six speed 110 automatic wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Chepstow Paul

Post by Chepstow Paul »

Just brought a C3 aircross feel and sold my dear old 12 year old Picasso. I’m trying to get the automatic wipers to work but no luck, followed the book instructions, cannot see a dash light for it, does it not have one or could it be a fault. Thank you for your help

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Hi Paul

The Automatic Wipers are not standard on the 'Feel' model unless this had the 'Automatic Pack' option specified when ordered.

The Automatic Pack included the Automatic Air Conditioning, Electro Chrome Rear View Mirror and Auto Wipers and was a £350 option at the time. So if you don't have this feature, you likely won't have the other 2 things I mentioned above either.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Check the lighting stalk. If it has auto lights the stalk will have an auto setting marked.

EDIT: Apologies. Even though the post clearly say wipers, I somehow read it as lights!
Last edited by routemaster1 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

If you have them then they are activated by moving the wiper stalk downwards and releasing. A green warning is shown in the lower quadrant of the Speedo. A momentary green notice appears on the dash. Thus is on my 2020 C3 Aircross Flair Auto.
Note also on this model the lights are Auto, always armed in position zero. Moving the light control to position 1 puts on the dude lights, position 2 the headlights. There is no OFF position.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

As above, depressing the wiper stalk either activates or de-activates auto wipe, a status message will appear on the touch screen.
Deleted User 830

Guys - he has a 'Feel' not a 'Flair' and is talking about the wipers not the lights. No Auto wipers on Feel models unless with 'Automatic Pack'.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Yes, I believe we all realise that, but hope that by describing the operations required to operate the function (that his model does not have) he can try to activate the rain sensing wipers and prove to himself their non availability. 🙄
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Here to help give info if it works he has them if it doesn't he hasn't. I belong to another forum and believe me there are 100s if not more owners who have no idea what is in on their car and how to operate it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I’m with you Beanee old chap.
The problem lies in the insistence of Citroen in producing a single handbook covering every feature that could be fitted to every model. It’s cheaper.

Imagine my own sense of disappointment and indeed inferiority, when, after hours of digging around on top and beneath my dashboard I discovered that I did not have a “head up display”, nor even “heated seats”!
How will I ever hold my head up again in polite society? no more banter down the pub for me.

I can therefore sympathise with the OP concerning the automatic wiper system.

Speaking personally, I have, for many years had a “rain sensing” system that I have successfully transferred between vehicles, so far with 100% success, it’s called the “MK1 eyeball”, it operates by detecting small translucent droplets on the windscreen, it then triggers an action in either the left or right hand of the driver (depending on the model being driven) operating a lever and thus activating the wipers to remove the droplets. Simple but effective...😜
Deleted User 830

Fair enough :)

Just didn’t want the guy spending anymore time searching and playing about for hours on end - and reading a manual trying to operate a feature he probably doesn’t have in the first place!

Personally speaking, specification and options are the first thing I look for after deciding on a make, model and trim level. It’s essential for me, and makes the difference whether I buy a vehicle or not. Don’t expect pepperoni on your pizza if you buy a Hawaiian!