Door open alert

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

I really can't see how a low battery would cause the door open warning to be honest. ;) There has to be an issue with the circuit. I've had weak and poor batteries on lots of PSA cars that have been standing for weeks on end and never anything that causes the door open warning to trigger. You'd be having starting issues and plenty of other problems but nothing that should trigger that to go off. I suspect it's a short circuit or water has got in somewhere it shouldn't and is causing an intermittent problem, or one of the wires in the door may have weakened where it passes from the door via the grommet to the bulkhead. But given the age of the vehicle, it's unlikely it has a broken wire this early.

It will likely be a faulty door module as all the door locking modules in the door handle or door (depending on system) are what trigger the door not shut warning in later PSA cars. There have been a few cases on the door modules where the have stopped working and had to be replaced - the keyless entry ones especially.

As this is just an informational warning, it probably won't generate a fault code in the BSI and therefore won't be picked up when read with Diagbox by the dealer - hence why they won't have a clue unless they manage to test it when the fault is occurring - to see if anything is logged up when the warning is active.
Last edited by Deleted User 830 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bellandtia

Post by Bellandtia »

That's interesting about the eco mode. I did a short drive to the vets. On starting the car again eco mode came up. When I got home I put the car in the garage then rang the dealer.
Because previously the technician said he had been unable to replicate the fault nothing was done, I told the manager I wanted him to see the door alert was on and I was not lying. He suggested going straight away. On backing the car out of the garage I noticed the maintenance spanner had now lit up, despite being serviced in November.

At the dealers the technician came out thinking they may have forgotten to reset the maintenance, but the light still wouldn't go out. He and the manager then checked all the doors and the door alert light wouldn't go out. So it's been decided there is a technical fault and it's booked in for 3rd March.
They have agreed to fetch the car from my home and return it when it's fixed.

As I put the car in my garage and opened the drivers door before switching the engine off, the screen showed the passenger door was open, not the drivers door.
I will update later when the car has been looked at properly.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Deleted User 830

Yes, that's interesting and also additionally because of the incorrect door open warning you mentioned is now happening. With this new information, it is now more likely to be associated with the door control module or its electrics. This is the module inside the door and its role is described below. I've highlighted the relevant functions:
C3 AC Door Lock Module.PNG
Role of a door lock assembly:
  • The single locking motors disengage the vehicle’s exterior opening controls in order to lock the vehicle
  • The deadlocking motors disengage the interior opening controls (*)
  • To inform you that a door is open (Door open switch)
  • To inform you that a door is locked (Locking status switch)
  • To inform you that there is a locking or unlocking request via the driver’s door lock (Front door lock switches)
  • To inform you that the child lock is activated (*)
Bellandtia

Post by Bellandtia »

I wrote an update yesterday but it doesn't appear to be on here. To cut things short, the dealer have accepted there is an electrical fault as other things have started to go wrong and it's booked in for 3rd March.
Deleted User 830

Good for you - let us know the outcome :)
Bellandtia

Post by Bellandtia »

An update on this door alert problem. My car was taken into the dealer yesterday and they have found a fault with the BSI. They need to order a part for it ,which is on order, but could take between 2 to 4 weeks. The car will then go back to have the new bit fitted and they hope this will solve all the problems.
In the meantime the car is safe to drive but if the doors refuse to lock, as they have done on occasions i will just have to return home.
I will update again when the bit for the BSI has been fitted.
Sensemaya

Post by Sensemaya »

Hi Bellandtia

Did the dealer solve your problem? I've given up with Citroen and traded my C5 aircross in for a different make. First non-Citroen car in over 25 years. I note your earlier comment about being an older lady. Me too.

Kind regards.
mcphee123

Post by mcphee123 »

Would love an update on this... I had an absolute nightmare with Citroen when I tried to get this fixed straight after I bought it.

They said they needed it for 2 weeks - I have 3 kids and the nearest Citroen dealership is 90mins away, and all they could offer me was a c1.

Went all the way to head office over the phone, with them refusing to collect my car or even give me a like-for-like courtesy car. Ridiculous. And to add insult to injury, this enquiry started while still had warranty. When I chased them up for the 50th time, I was informed the car was no longer within warranty and there was nothing they could do.

Anyway, fast forward 18 months and I just live with the door open light on all the time, other than the odd random occasion when it goes off.

When it's on, the automatic handbrake doesn't release without me doing it manually, stop start doesn't work, among other things.

Incredibly frustrating and I'm no closer to answers.