C5 Aircross Door Seal Link

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
SteelCityRon

Post by SteelCityRon »

Hi, has anyone had issues with the door seals on their C5 Aircross?
We've had our seals replaced, but the inner door seal (the velvety one) still gets wet and water drips in as you open the door.
I'd be interested to know how much water makes it into other people's doors.
Thanks
C5 Aircross 130 Flair

russbif

Post by russbif »

Is your door properly aligned, is the front door flush with the rear door, is the upper edge of the front level with that of the rear?
If the door isn’t completely closed or properly aligned then the seals will not do their job.
Do you get any wind noise?
SteelCityRon

Post by SteelCityRon »

russbif wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:10 am Is your door properly aligned, is the front door flush with the rear door, is the upper edge of the front level with that of the rear?
If the door isn’t completely closed or properly aligned then the seals will not do their job.
Do you get any wind noise?
No wind noise and it seems aligned.
The dealership said they've seen a few that seem to let differing amounts of water in.
C5 Aircross 130 Flair
russbif

Post by russbif »

If thou know where it’s coming in you can plump up the seal in that area
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

There is a Technical Service Bulletin for this issue: "Water infiltration from the top of a front door". The TSB reference is: C2AW0128Q0

I suggest you speak to the dealer and quote the TSB - I can't tell you what the contents are or what the resolution is (whether replacement or fix), but it should be covered under warranty as this is not a wear and tear item.