High wind sets off alarm

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Kath82

Post by Kath82 »

Hi all. I've had my Citroën C3 Aircross for about 6 months. When we get strong winds my car alarm goes off. But the lights do not flash.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

It can happen of course under those conditions - but one thing you can try - if it is the air movement inside the cabin that is setting off the alarm (from the volumetric sensors inside the cabin), before you leave the car next time, try closing the dash air vents.

Sometimes the wind can force its way into the ventilation air intake and blow out into the cabin from the dashboard air vents, that can cause the 'ultrasonic sensors' to trigger the alarm. They will detect anything moving at 0.4 metre/second before an interior intrusion is detected. Both temperature and blown air can affect the sound waves, so suspect that is what is causing your issue.

Another way is to deactivate the volumetric protection. Within 10 seconds of taking the key out of the ignition, hold the alarm button in until it is illuminated permanently. Then get out and lock the car normally. That will leave only the exterior protection active though.

As far as the exterior protection is concerned, the alarm will activate if the car is lifted or moved (via the altitude monitoring) but should not go off if knocked. It will also go off if the Bonnet, Doors, or Boot are opened.