C3 Aircross stop/start

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Had my 2 year old Aircross for just over a week now, and driven it every day in varying traffic conditions. But the stop/start has not activated at all during that time. It is selected as “on” the the system menu, and I don’t have air conditioning switched on. Anyone else had similar problems and can point me towards a solution. I have contacted the dealer who says keep an eye on it for a while, and if nesessary they will book it into the workshop.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

peter m

Post by peter m »

Battery needs to be fully charged ,unfortunately this can take awhile it may need some long runs over a couple of weeks . When we had first lockdown back in march my stop start stopped working but as soon as we got back to normal every day driving no matter how short the journey was the stop start now works perfectly.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

peter m wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pm Battery needs to be fully charged ,unfortunately this can take awhile it may need some long runs over a couple of weeks . When we had first lockdown back in march my stop start stopped working but as soon as we got back to normal every day driving no matter how short the journey was the stop start now works perfectly.
Thanks for the reply. That’s a possibility. I think that due to the lockdowns, the car had been at the dealer for a few months. Time will tell :)
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Put a charger on the battery overnight it fixed mine after it started not working during lockdown works every journey now with it without loads, i.e. Aircon.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I've had this issue ever since I bought my Aircross, it's very intermittent and unpredictable, I'm a low mileage driver but all journeys that I do are fairly lengthy and should be enough to keep the battery well charged. I previously had a DS3 D Sport for 6 years doing the same type of driving, the stop start worked faultlessly always! My wifes Mini does less mileage than mine, the stop start always works too! I can only assume that the Battery on the Aircross isn't up to the job!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Beanee687 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am Put a charger on the battery overnight it fixed mine after it started not working during lockdown works every journey now with it without loads, i.e. Aircon.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have that facility. I park in the road, where I can find a space. And I don’t really want to disconnect the battery. I’ve heard a few nightmare stories of things having to be reset. If it isn’t working in a couple of weeks I’ll go back to the dealer. Let them sort it. Maybe I will get a new battery :lol:
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Chrislo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:29 am I've had this issue ever since I bought my Aircross, it's very intermittent and unpredictable, I'm a low mileage driver but all journeys that I do are fairly lengthy and should be enough to keep the battery well charged. I previously had a DS3 D Sport for 6 years doing the same type of driving, the stop start worked faultlessly always! My wifes Mini does less mileage than mine, the stop start always works too! I can only assume that the Battery on the Aircross isn't up to the job!
:(
srperry

Post by srperry »

the2ems wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 am
Beanee687 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am Put a charger on the battery overnight it fixed mine after it started not working during lockdown works every journey now with it without loads, i.e. Aircon.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have that facility. I park in the road, where I can find a space. And I don’t really want to disconnect the battery. I’ve heard a few nightmare stories of things having to be reset. If it isn’t working in a couple of weeks I’ll go back to the dealer. Let them sort it. Maybe I will get a new battery :lol:
I don't think nowadays you need to disconnect the battery. My C5 Aircross manual tells you how to charge the battery and there is no mention of disconnecting the battery. With all the electronic controls in place I wouldn't expect that to be necessary.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

srperry wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:48 am
the2ems wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:20 am
I don't think nowadays you need to disconnect the battery. My C5 Aircross manual tells you how to charge the battery and there is no mention of disconnecting the battery. With all the electronic controls in place I wouldn't expect that to be necessary.
Hmm maybe. But I still don’t have a garage, or even a drive. So it’s not really possible for me to charge the battery in situ.
russbif

Post by russbif »

I turn the damn system off every time I get in the car, however, on the odd occasion I forget, it never works....