urea injection recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
rodanator

Post by rodanator »

Hi , i put my c5 aircross in for the recall but now feel that it is not as responsive and sharp with acceleration as it was before..
Am i just imagining this or has something been done when it has been reprogrammed to cause this?
Has anyone else got this issue?

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Could you give more info on the recall please. Since the Adblue system was introduced ~7 years ago there have been, to my knowledge, two recalls, both ~2017. One was to do with the pump wiring harness, and one was to replace the Adblue tank cap. The first was certainly for C4 Picassos, but I don't know whether this affected other Citroens, the cap was on every Adblue fitted Citroen. I keep an eye on several forums and I am well aware of the Adblue tank issues, having a nearly had a holiday disrupted due to the tank failure, and there are dozens of threads on several sites. But I have never heard of a third recall. Can you shed any light on this?
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

C5 AIRCROSS: 1 October 2019 – 9 March 2020
A safety issue has been identified whereby there may be a defect in the urea injector, which might block and lead to NOx emissions going out of the regulatory limits.
Question - How do you determine the manufacture date? I took delivery of a new C5 Aircross in October but some of the earliest dashcam footage was from Feb/Mar (date is from memory and it was of the production line!).
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
rodanator

Post by rodanator »

I have reported my concern with the dealer who carried out the recall and it is booked back in later this week for them to have a look.
i have also raised my concern with Citroen but have not had a reply yet.