Another touchscreen/nav update question

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Sorry, I can hear the sighs and the mumbled “not another one” already. Only had my C3 Aircross 4 days, and decided to update the touchscreen and mapping as indicated in “My Citroen” app.
After a successful download to my Mac, and transfer to usb stick, I took the plunge and plugged it into the car. Firstly I got the expected message about no media, but then I got a message saying “This version is not compatible with the hardware”.
So I thought maybe that meant that I already have the latest version, but I don’t know how to find out. My last car was a Cactus, and I managed to update that without any trouble, and was also able to check the version. But I don’t know how to check on this Aircross, so am looking for advice please.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Hi. I’ve had terrible trouble in the past updating my touchscreen via my Mac, but amazingly the latest touchscreen updated without a hitch 2 days ago, this was via a Citroen update app, which automatically correctly formatted and downloaded the files directly onto the stick.
If you have already downloaded the files to your HD, I followed others advice and used a free app ‘clean my drive’ to clean the USB stick first before formatting, and this did the trick.
I’m not with my car at present to give instructions to see which version you have, but going by memory if you get to the settings icon I think this takes you to the installed versions. If no one else has replied by tomorrow I will get back to you with clearer information.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Chrislo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:21 pm Hi. I’ve had terrible trouble in the past updating my touchscreen via my Mac, but amazingly the latest touchscreen updated without a hitch 2 days ago, this was via a Citroen update app, which automatically correctly formatted and downloaded the files directly onto the stick.
If you have already downloaded the files to your HD, I followed others advice and used a free app ‘clean my drive’ to clean the USB stick first before formatting, and this did the trick.
I’m not with my car at present to give instructions to see which version you have, but going by memory if you get to the settings icon I think this takes you to the installed versions. If no one else has replied by tomorrow I will get back to you with clearer information.
Thanks for the reply. I also used the Citroën update app, so files went directly to the usb stick. I’ll have to have another try and finding out which version I currently have 👍🏻
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

If you manage to locate your installed files and still need to update, it's worth using the 'clean my drive' app on your usb stick first and then download the files again. There seems to be some conflict with how the mac formats that causes issues.
In the past when have having problems, I used a windows laptop instead and the upload worked seamlessly, but since then the clean my drive app has been fine.
Best of luck
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Just tried downloading again with a “clean” usb stick. But same message when plug into car. Version not compatible with hardware. I’ve sussed out what version I have, but now can’t find what the latest version is :lol: