Keyless entry only on passenger side only?!

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Sagewafter

Post by Sagewafter »

Hi! I’m hoping someone can shed some light, I’ve just brought a new to me 2019 c5 aircross automatic petrol flair plus.... only had a couple of days so am learning as I go! But today discovered the keyless entry only works on the passenger side?! There are no 2 pronounced grooves on the drivers side only on on passenger, has anyone else come across this please???

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Sagewafter wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:59 pm Hi! I’m hoping someone can shed some light, I’ve just brought a new to me 2019 c5 aircross automatic petrol flair plus.... only had a couple of days so am learning as I go! But today discovered the keyless entry only works on the passenger side?! There are no 2 pronounced grooves on the drivers side only on on passenger, has anyone else come across this please???
In my view it would be rather pointless to design a system like this. I know it may be difficult at present but I suggest you get in touch with with the seller and Citroen. I can see two possible explanations. Firstly, it may have been damaged and incorrectly repaired, od it was a factory misbuild.
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

If the driver's door handle had ceased to function and the seller was a non-franchised dealer, the inexpensive option is just to replace the handle with a normal door handle.
They do fail; my DS5 suffered this problem and all four doors had sensors........
Replacement involves painting to body colour and programming to the vehicle.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I have keyless entry and locking on my C3 Aircross. The drivers and passengers front door have two ridges on the outside of the handle near to the key hole. The inside of the door handles are unpainted metal. The inside is the touch pad to unlock and the two ridges are the touch point for locking. First touch locks the doors but leaves the internal handles active. Second touch deadlocks the car.
If one of your handles is not operating and doesn't have the ridges like the other side then I'd say it has been replaced due to possible damage. A trip back to the seller might get you a new handle.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars