Keyless entry

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

Washing the Car today with Keys in Pocket ‘ and though and behold when i started to hose car ‘ the doors kept opening and closing . Anybody else experienced this ? So if i get out of car in rain and lock door ‘ theres a chance it will open itself .
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof

peter m

Post by peter m »

That happens when I wash my c3 aircross. Haven't experienced any problems with rain unlocking doors, if it does unlock doors they will automatically relock anyway as long as you dont open a door .
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

gerbil40 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:13 pm Washing the Car today with Keys in Pocket ‘ and though and behold when i started to hose car ‘ the doors kept opening and closing . Anybody else experienced this ? So if i get out of car in rain and lock door ‘ theres a chance it will open itself .
Have you tried washing the car with the keys well away from the car? Rain will not cause the car to unlock if the keys are not within range.
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

What im worried about is ‘ its raining ‘ i decide to walk to the shops with my keys in pocket . I walk past car and behold it unlocks without me noticing.
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

But if you don't open a door within 10secs it re-locks, try it now stand near car press open on your key fob or the door handle then move away. Hy presto it re-locks so you shouldn't worry.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

gerbil40 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:29 pm What im worried about is ‘ its raining ‘ i decide to walk to the shops with my keys in pocket . I walk past car and behold it unlocks without me noticing.
How did you know the car had unlocked? When I go to my car there is no indication it is unlocked until I open the door or boot.
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

Yorkshire Pud wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:14 pm
gerbil40 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:29 pm What im worried about is ‘ its raining ‘ i decide to walk to the shops with my keys in pocket . I walk past car and behold it unlocks without me noticing.
How did you know the car had unlocked? When I go to my car there is no indication it is unlocked until I open the door or boot.
I think thats the point - they happen to be walking by it (in the rain) and have no way to know if unlocked by mistake as they sauntered onto the bookies or what not...
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

If it has folding mirrors they will unfold.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

The simple way to avoid the car locking when washing it is to leave the fob inside the vehicle.

When the last door is closed, the BSI automatically interrogates the vehicle’s interior aerials (not the ones in the door handles or tailgate), to check for the presence of the Fob inside the vehicle.

The vehicle can't be locked if the Fob is in the passenger compartment or load compartment when a locking request is made via one of the locking sensors.

The interior Aerials are shown below, so if a Hands Free Identifier fob is detected in one of these 3 zones, the car won't lock if one of the exterior sensors is activated by hand or when washing the car.
C3 Air Locking Zones.PNG
(1) Dashboard Aerial
(2) Central Interior Aerial
(3) Boot Interior Aerial
russbif

Post by russbif »

So there is then the possibility that you finish washing your car, then wander off indoors, forgetting the fob. Car left unlocked by the roadside (if you haven’t got a driveway).
Yet another driving aid that is totally unnecessary, what’s wrong with pushing a button on a fob, or turning a key?