Unreliable 'MyCitroen' App

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
srperry

Post by srperry »

I have been using the App for around 4.5 years, since I bought my C4 Cactus Flair 110 in 2016, and, latterly with my C5 Aircross. Sometimes the App has failed to download journeys; it used be only very occassionally but now it is almost every other journey!

It has been worse since the last App update, applied from Google Play, V1.25.2, which I think was in September 2020, and even worse since the last touchscreen and maps update, which was installed on 25th October 2020 via the Citroen Update Windows App and is version 42.01.72.32_NAC-r0 and the maps version is CI-TT-PSA.P6CNS.U-MAP.EUR.NDS-8.0.0.

My phone, a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, always connects correctly, and when a journey isn't downloaded I get an App splash banner at the borrom of the screen that states "For technical reasons, some journeys have not been recovered".

I use the classifications in the App to record/document my business trips, and it is getting to the point of not being able to do so. I have written to the developers and Citroen before (and they have been about as much use as your average politician!). Does anyone have any ideas?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

There was an update today 1.26.1 which has changed the locating the car. It says in the brief you can now plot route and download to Nav bug I can't find that.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

Yes its very unreliable . Needs to be Sorted by the developers.
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I've just about given up with it! Sometimes it works and other times there's no input for days. My Android phone connection is more reliable than my iPhone, I have to keep uninstalling the app to get it working and then of course you lose all previous data! The app also me to log in but doesn't recognise either user name or password which are correct, I've even tried the forgotten password link and reset it, but still doesn't let me log in.
I've never had a response from Citroen which doesn't say much for their customer service!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
peter m

Post by peter m »

Having used my citroen app without any problems for the last 8 months last week it hasn't downloaded any journeys.
Tried turning bluetooth off and back on, logged out of app ,still no success in desperation un installed app , still will not show any journeys. Any help would be grateful.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Mine was working fine then there was an update last week. Now it doesn't always download the trips. I noticed that Bluetooth doesn't automatically switch to Citroen like it did for every journey. I have to go to phone Bluetooth settings and connect to Citroen. Its then fine for a couple of journey then notice and it's disconnected again
peter m

Post by peter m »

Thought it might be something to do with bluetooth but checked that and its appears to be connected.
peter m

Post by peter m »

Today app decided to work and downloaded the journeys I did today, will see what happens tomorrow.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

It’s very odd, my iPhone connected ok today too, but my android didn’t connect! It’s usually the iPhone that I get issues with, this app is hit and miss to say the least.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Today I decided to tell the phone to forget the car. This it did.
Next time I started the car the car asked if I wanted to pair with the phone it had found. I did and the codes on the phone and the car screen were the same. Paired. Drive a few miles. Phone Bluetooth button shows Citroen Audio, not seen that before. Switched off the car and after a few seconds the phone announced a new download. Checking, it had downloaded the missing trips. So maybe the connection was corrupt. Will see what happens in future.