C5 Aircross S&S

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
srperry

Post by srperry »

Personally I like the 3 cylinder engine, and don't find it gutless at all. I also have no problems with the touchscreen at all. I've never had a problem using the controls therein. I don't fiddle with the climate control while driving, the radio works fine, as does the USB for music and the satnav. I usually program the satnav via the MyCitroen app prior to my journey, and that works really well (unlike the 'journey' function which drops trips willy-nilly that are never recovered).

I certainly don't find pulling away from junctions to be terrible. I often use 2nd to pull away rather than 1st gear though, but even when using 1st I don't have a problem. I'm patient though, and don't impede others by pulling out in front of them! :D
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

srperry wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:04 pm Personally I like the 3 cylinder engine, and don't find it gutless at all. I also have no problems with the touchscreen at all. I've never had a problem using the controls therein. I don't fiddle with the climate control while driving, the radio works fine, as does the USB for music and the satnav. I usually program the satnav via the MyCitroen app prior to my journey, and that works really well (unlike the 'journey' function which drops trips willy-nilly that are never recovered).

I certainly don't find pulling away from junctions to be terrible. I often use 2nd to pull away rather than 1st gear though, but even when using 1st I don't have a problem. I'm patient though, and don't impede others by pulling out in front of them! :D
I didn’t know you could program the sat nav using the My Citroen App, hence I use Waze via Apple Car Play. But I will investigate.

Edit: Hmm, can’t find how to do that :?:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

On the My Citroen home screen app, at bottom of screen there is 'Parking Aid'
third button / icon on right is 'prepare my journey'.
That takes you to google maps, enter destination in search, then click send to my vehicle.

When you next start the car, when Sat Nav screen loads / boots up, it will automatically calculate and display journey on screen.

At least, that's how it works on our C5 Aircross ;)

Does work... tho, afterwards the phone app on my moby does 'freeze' and require re-starting. :roll:
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

BusybeasC5A wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 pm On the My Citroen home screen app, at bottom of screen there is 'Parking Aid'
That takes you to google maps, enter destination in search, then click send to my vehicle.

When you next start the car, when Sat Nav screen loads / boots up, it will automatically calculate and display journey on screen.

Does work... tho, afterwards the phone app on my moby does 'freeze' and require re-starting. :roll:
Thanks for the reply. Doesn’t seem to be that option on my C3 Aircross :|
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
srperry

Post by srperry »

BusybeasC5A wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 pm On the My Citroen home screen app, at bottom of screen there is 'Parking Aid'

My phone doesn't freeze after using the option. Galaxy S10 Plus with latest updates...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

srperry wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:04 pm Personally I like the 3 cylinder engine, and don't find it gutless at all. I also have no problems with the touchscreen at all. I've never had a problem using the controls therein. I don't fiddle with the climate control while driving, the radio works fine, as does the USB for music and the satnav. I usually program the satnav via the MyCitroen app prior to my journey, and that works really well (unlike the 'journey' function which drops trips willy-nilly that are never recovered).

I would start looking at the cost of a new DMF if you constantly pull away in 2nd, the results may cause you to modify your driving habits. Our petrol cars are fitted with them..
srperry

Post by srperry »

I don't labour the drivetrain at all, so I don't think the clutch assembly will be a problem. And I didn't say I constantly use 2nd gear to pull away - I onl;y do it when conditions are appropriate.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Good luck 🤞