C5 Aircross S&S

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Personally I wish I could just turn the damn thing off permanently, having to go onto the settings to disable it every time becomes a tad wearing.

Like Beanee I charged my battery up a few weeks ago because I hadn't driven for a few days and it was cold, forgot to turn it off and it worked at the first set of lights, thought I had broken down!!

Technology eh...

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Once again mine stopped working last Friday. A check if the battery voltage showed it to be 12.5v.
Put it charge overnight and when I removed the charger after it had settled the voltage read 13. Took her out on Sunday and sure enough S/S operated at first stop. It will now work for about 2 weeks when it will stop again.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Spark

Post by Spark »

I've noticed that S&S is turned off and won't turn on when it's freezing outside. This is shown in the head-on display.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Business Plus ▪︎ Manual ▪︎ Pearl White
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

For the first time my C5 did an auto stop start yesterday - no Idea what changed and it only did it twice (that I noticed) - just passed 8000km on the clock.
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Spark wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:33 pm I've noticed that S&S is turned off and won't turn on when it's freezing outside. This is shown in the head-on display.
Also, for info, s/s doesn't work if the outside temperature is above 35 degrees (unless they have changed things). In the hot weather we have had recently, this could well have occurred as above 35 degrees is easily achieved. Also, in reply to a post way up the thread, pushing the brake hard is unlikely to make any odds, if the green symbol flashes it indicated that the system is ready to switch off but something is preventing it.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Stop complaining, rejoice! I turn mine off at the start of every journey.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Hiboost wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:16 pm Stop complaining, rejoice! I turn mine off at the start of every journey.
I was just wondering why you have a Citroen. I’ve yet to read one of your posts that isn’t negative :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

My thoughts too, I purchased the car in haste as a replacement for long serving C3 Picasso.
The touch screen annoys me every time I have to use it and the gutless 3 bloody cylinder engine is an embarrassment around town. It’s fine when up to speed, but pulling away from a junction is terrible.
Webuyanycar are offering over 1k more than I paid at the moment, so the only thing preventing it’s departure is the choice of replacement, off to kick tyres today.
I am tempted to buy an SLK, but I already have a supercharged MX5 so don’t really need two convertibles, however, I want something I can drive on the continent. My C3 Picasso, LHD, was bought new in Spain and was a joy to drive. The 1.6 Hdi was great, but once I came back here the DPF became a problem.
Looked at getting an older petrol version of one, but Citroen started fitted the cursed 3 cylinder rubber band device a few years ago.
Decisions decisions, but this oversized underpowered heap is going.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I did read somewhere but can't remember where that the later cars have a different control unit.
Mine is still working but I haven't had to charge it up for weeks now that I am doing more miles.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Hiboost wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:45 am My thoughts too, I purchased the car in haste as a replacement for long serving C3 Picasso.
The touch screen annoys me every time I have to use it and the gutless 3 bloody cylinder engine is an embarrassment around town. It’s fine when up to speed, but pulling away from a junction is terrible.
Webuyanycar are offering over 1k more than I paid at the moment, so the only thing preventing it’s departure is the choice of replacement, off to kick tyres today.
I am tempted to buy an SLK, but I already have a supercharged MX5 so don’t really need two convertibles, however, I want something I can drive on the continent. My C3 Picasso, LHD, was bought new in Spain and was a joy to drive. The 1.6 Hdi was great, but once I came back here the DPF became a problem.
Looked at getting an older petrol version of one, but Citroen started fitted the cursed 3 cylinder rubber band device a few years ago.
Decisions decisions, but this oversized underpowered heap is going.
:o
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic