Radio on but engine off

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Stubie

Post by Stubie »

In my C3 Aircross Flair, how long can I listen to the radio with the engine off?
In my previous car C3 Picasso it was 30 minutes before it cut out to save battery usage.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

It will be similar as the economy mode is, as far as I know, still present. It will depend on the system. My first C4gp would only do 5 minutes for the whole time I had it, but the later ones and my C3 manage nearer 30 mnutes.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I get about 15 to 20 mins.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Usual default is 30 mins. Dealer can change this in the BSI to IIRC 60 mins.
It depends on battery voltage level.
If it goes off and you restart the engine to reset it you don't automatically get another 30 mins or whatever yours is set at. You need to run the engine for a fair time to get above the trigger voltage level. On my past cars if it went off at 30 mins running engine for 5 mins only gave you another 10 mins.
As a system to protect the battery so you can start the car it's good but including the radio seems to be flawed.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 772

Post by Deleted User 772 »

Economy mode is no longer managed directly by the BSI - and there is no time limit that can be set by the dealer on these anymore.

The energy management is initially managed by the Battery Charge Status Unit that monitors battery temperature and charge amongst other things and informs the BSI and other systems like the voltage maintaining device (for Stop & Start systems).

So what you get time-wise will ultimately depend on the health and state of the battery at any given time and other factors like power consuming equipment in use, last distance driven from engine start to engine off for example. That's another reason why Stop & Start can sometimes be disabled. If the conditions for the system to operate correctly are not met then it will disable it until such time as they are within the operating parameters of the system.

So lots of shorter journeys will reduce the time you get over a longer motorway cruise for example.