Aircon Issue - C3 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
SteveMcC

Post by SteveMcC »

Hello,

I'm experiencing difficulty finding a comfortable balance with the aircon temperature. It seems to have two settings regardless of temperature selected, chilled or hot. At 27° the airflow remains uncomfortably chilled. The only setting above this is "High", which is extremely warm. It doesn't seem to matter which combination of fan speed, direction, etc... there's no sweet spot.

Had anyone else experienced similar frustration and if so, it's there a combination that works?

Thanks!

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Sorry to hear that.
You haven't said what model or year your car is. I am assuming it's Automatic sometimes called climate control. The following may seem basic to you sorry if it does.
On the touch screen on Aircon page, are both the AUTO and A/C surmounted by thick lines . If so that signifies that the system is in Auto mode and the A/C is on. The temperature is set as required, in my case I use 21c for 99,% of my journeys.
The system operates in Auto with a/c on by controlling the flow of the incoming air with a diverter flap in the heater box. All the air passes thru the air con evaporator which is also in the heater box. The air after it exits the evaporator is either passed all through the heater heat exchanger or partial thru the heater heat exchanger and around the outside of the heat exchanger or all around the heat exchanger. The heat exchanger is always fed with the car coolant it is never turned off. So on a hot day all the incoming air will be cooled in the evaporator and then by passed around the heat exchanger into the car. With Auto set the car decides out of which louvres the air enters the interior. So it's 26 outside and you want 21 inside. The system will run at a fan speed that it's controller decides is required until the temperature sensor inside the car feeds back info to the controller that the inside is now approaching 21. The fan speed will be reduced, the Aircon compressor maybe de-clutched and/or the diverter flap will modulate it's position to add heat or reduce heat to maintain 21. If it gets warm inside again the Aircon compressor will come back on and the system operate such as to maintain 21.
So you are not getting that so it could be that your compressor is not running. Do you hear it click on.
The system could need regas. The temp sensor is not working inside, or the heater diverter flap is not moving.
To check if it is working automatically, press auto on climate page and select 21 and see what happens.
If you have manual then set 21 and medium fan speed.
You can have the system in Auto but the air con OFF. It can be turned ON in two ways in climate control aversion.
1 press the temperature button on the screen lefthand edge and touch AUTO. The Aircon should come on
2 If on another page touch the auto legend at top of screen. The page that now appears touch auto twice. Aircon will come on.
Note you can only turn it off on the main temperature control page.
Hope this helps.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars