Citroen C3 Aircross head up display

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
CitroenFan

Post by CitroenFan »

Seems the C3 Aircross has a colour head-up display:

IMG_5282.PNG

bringing the driver useful driving information in his or her line of sight. Projected in colour on a retracting blade, the data (on speed and cruise control/speed limiter settings, etc.) are accessible continuously, without drivers having to take their eyes off the road.

das

Post by das »

Great when it works,didn't when I bought mine , not to worry, 'terribly sorry we will of coarse get that fixed' ,it was noted on their final check , but service did'nt tell sales 'its a faulty motor', 'we will pick up and fix' , 'oops ordered wrong part','eh can't give you a date parts on back order from citreon none in uk'. it was at this point they returned the car along with a few gouges on the dashboard where someone had managed to scrape with a screwdriver or similar tool while fitting said wrong part but don't fret, 'terribly sorry we will of coarse get that fixed'.so in the months it took for this new unit to arrive ,I noticed that the one I had didn't actually sit square, by much wasn't ,couple mm (anal I know but I was stuck in traffic ) , but enough that it was catching the screen , anyway popped off the surround filed the bottom a bit with the daughters nail file, didn't have the tools to take the unit out put back , without damaging dash and by gings !!!,weeks of happy motoring ,i was on a roll , wee bit of liquid black polish and rub of neutral with a cloth and gouges gone too. Part arrived was booked in got it back ,motor worked fine ,does'nt display speed limit😢,3days later and counting,two left messages ,lost count of times its just rung out,and I get a text thanking me for using their service department and to rste them on a scale of 1-10,well you can imagine...….
das

Post by das »

just an update , after two weeks of being ignored ,i got a customer rating email in from citreon , apparently a big fat 0 has done the trick now they're phoning me !!goes back in Friday....
TrisNez

Post by TrisNez »

What I noticed today.
When the HUD is deactivated, it's possible to get a compass in my main display.
As soon as I use the HUD again, the option is gone.
Anybody figured this out?
Burnt to the core but not broken