Sat-Nav Route Type settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
StuColP

Post by StuColP »

Can anyone help?
I have a 2019, C3 Aircross Flair and am still trying to get my head around some of the settings for the sat-nav. There is an option to set the route type, with options like Fastest, Shortest etc. The one I don't understand is "Compromise". Anyone know what that means in terms how it affects the planned journey.
Really appreciate any help.

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, I'm not certain but believe that Compromise is a sort of combination of Fastest and Ecological, but haven't tried it on a journey. As you've probably noticed, Citroen/Peugeot satnav documentation is quite poor :?
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

JohnB wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:13 pm Hi, I'm not certain but believe that Compromise is a sort of combination of Fastest and Ecological, but haven't tried it on a journey. As you've probably noticed, Citroen/Peugeot satnav documentation is quite poor :?
It may be similar to my C4 Picasso. That gives you a choice of fastest, shortest, time/distance and eco. The time/distance seems to be for when the fastest route, ie motorway, is quicker but a substantially longer route.
StuColP

Post by StuColP »

I'm going to give it a try on a journey that I know well and see where it sends me. Maybe that will give me some idea.
Thanks for the responses and it's good to know it's not just me that thinks that the whole "infotainment" system isn't explained fully.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi StuColP, you know that in the guidance criteria screen you should be able to select 'Show on Map', which should show the four routes in different colours?
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
StuColP

Post by StuColP »

Thanks JohnB, I wasn't aware of that and will give that a try.
I used the "Compromise" setting yesterday for a journey I regularly drive, I followed the guidance and was taken on a route that was very, very different to anything that I would have come up with. Not really any longer in distance or mileage but just weird and very obviously avoided the Norwich ring road.
Cheers.