Auto braking.

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Like many of you I have auto braking on my C3 Aircross Flair. It does work as I found out the other day but I've noticed that after you have triggered the warning "Vehicle to close" an amber warning light comes up in the rev counter. This is the one of the car symbol with two lines under it and two brake shoes one on either side.
The book says if steady with alarm and message consult dealer but there is no alarm or message with it. Turning off ignition and back on resets it. Note too that this light is not included in the auto test when ignition first turned on.
Anyone else get this.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

TioTel

Post by TioTel »

My C3 Flair does the same, but the light does occasionally come on when starting up and goes out when it feels like it! I have little faith in auto electronics!!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Noted something else today too. I was carrying a front seat passenger. As we approached our destination they unbuckled their seat beat and as well as the seated belted RED symbol lighting up the auto brake light came ON too. I requested they refasten the belt and the lights went out again. Undid it again and they came back ON.
Anyone else confirm this .
M123ADA

Post by M123ADA »

Hi Beanee687. To me that makes sense. Front passenger with no belt on equals possible injury if auto braking is activated. So system shuts down to prevent it causing injury, leaving the responsibility with the driver of the vehicle. I haven't tried it out but that is my logical thinking.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Cheers can you test whether yours does that too when safe to do so as I can't find an info in handbook .
peter m

Post by peter m »

I can confirm this happens if seat belt is released whilst moving.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Cheers.