Automatic Tailgate

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Griff527

Post by Griff527 »

Hello all, I'm wondering if I'm the only person that has had an issue with the automatic Tailgate on the C5 Aircross? I've got a 2019 Flair Plus which has the foot sensor as well as button on the key fob and button on the dash. The issue I have is it not stopping if you're still leaning into the boot to get stuff in/out. I assume the foot sensor is being triggered as you stand there and the boot starts closing but unless you duck out of the way very quickly the boot lid just keeps on going regardless of if you're still in the way! Both myself and my fiance have now had the boot lid hit our backs as we couldn't get out the way quick enough and I have to ban the kids from going into the boot to get stuff out. Just wondered if I'm being thick and there's a button somewhere I need to press to activate some sort of safety sensor or if this is actually a safety issue with the vehicle?? Citroen customer care are yet to reply.

Logit

Post by Logit »

I'm just bumping this issue as I have the exact same issue with the electric tailgate... There seems to be no safety mechanism to detect an obstacle in the way. I've almost had my arm caught twice by the forceful automatic mechanism. I dread to think what it could do to a young child if they were caught! Fyi I've disabled the foot swipe closure as it was activating without meaning to.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

There is an anti-pinch system, that detects items caught at the seal level when closing, and if the tailgate meets significant resistance on closing it will release.
Logit

Post by Logit »

I might need to get mine checked out then as it shouldn't be so forceful that it's painful when it hits my arm and smashes it out of the way!