Cruise Control issues with my C3 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
nalaknip

Post by nalaknip »

Hello, wondered if anyone can help before I get in touch with Citroen. For quite a while now the cruise control on my Aircross has been very temperamental to the point of barely working. Every time I switched it on the speed I'm travelling at suddenly flashes then disappears and no matter how many times I press the pause button, cruise control simply won't engage. it did once yesterday travelling back home but when I had to pause and re-engage it wouldn't. Every now and again I get a message on my touchscreen stating a problem with cruise control and to please enter speed. I get the feeling the stick itself may be faulty however the speed limiter part of the stick is working fine. Is there something I'm missing here as I had no problems whatsoever with the CC on my old C4 Cactus.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

The usual advice for this kind of issue is to start by cleaning the scroll wheel with switch cleaner (not WD40), then to try moving the steering wheel up and down, then in and out (if appropriate). If it fixes it it costs nothing. Other than that, is the car under warranty? If so take it to the agents.
nalaknip

Post by nalaknip »

Thanks. I’ll give that a go.