My Citroen app not recording journeys

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I have recently swapped my old android mobile for an iPhone, the 'My Citroen' app is recognising my mileage but does not display my journeys? After completing a run the driving app indicates there are new completed journeys; there were 6 showing after a trip today, but when I access the page it says 'No Journeys match your selection", the highlighted driving icon then shows no journeys outstanding.
My android worked seamlessly with the app.
The iPhone is obviously recognising the journeys as the mileage and fuel levels are correct.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I had an android Samsung S7 and recently changed to a S10. Both have been erratic at recording journeys. Some days nothing then several days journeys come through at once. I think it's the APP not the phones.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Further to previous post I just checked yesterdays which I thought had come through OK. There should have been three but only two show. 1 home to garden centre (4 miles) - shows, 2 garden centre to petrol garage (3 miles) - missing, 3 petrol garage to home (1 mile) - shows, very strange.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks for your reply - I too noticed on my old Samsung android that it did sometimes miss journeys, but they always caught up at some stage. My iPhone has yet to record any journeys, though the app is obviously working because the mileage and fuel consumption is updating all the time?
I just tried exporting my previous journeys from my Samsung to the iPhone, it showed 600+ journeys in red on the journeys icon on the iPhone, but when I clicked on it I got the same message 'no journeys match your selection'
Think I'll admit defeat!
Korber

Post by Korber »

Do you connect your iphone with a cable to use CarPlay?
If so, as long as the phone is connected via cable, no journey data can be transferred to myCitroen.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks for your reply - No, I only have the phone connected via bluetooth, I tried the Car Play function but don't really have a use for it.
grahams

Post by grahams »

Having the same problem, not all journeys recorded.
I have had my C3 for over two years and this problem has only occurred in the last few months. Other problems are the app not opening, stuck on the Citroen logo, also when it did open after many attempts it was saying my login was incorrect, meaning I had to reset password - I reset to original password which it accepted!
Yesterday opened the app which came up in German!! After a few attempts at re opening and restarting my iPhone all came good! All in all a bit of a mess.
Disappointed after a couple of years of ok operation.
Warning don’t be tempted to uninstall and reinstall the app as this will lose all data.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

You have to have the app running in the background for it to record journeys. If your phone is set to automatically close apps in the background, it will catch up next time. That's for Android, don't know anything about iphones.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
grahams

Post by grahams »

Bit of a puzzle then as I haven’t changed the way I use the app since buying the car over two years ago. The app has been reliable in recording journeys. It’s only recently that it’s not been recording all journeys and asking me to login. Something has changed. Maybe a Citroen versus IPhone issue.
In a way the app is a bit academic as we all know lower mpg on short journeys/around town and better on long gentle runs. Keeping a paper record of journeys a better indication of mpg. As is a heavy foot versus light foot..
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I think I will resurrect my old Samsung Android for a few journeys to see what happens? I don’t really have any special need of the app, it’s just because it’s there that I use it! I’m very mindful of my driving behaviour, I suppose I just like using gadgets and technology and find it annoying when they don’t function properly.