C5 Aircross Satnav update v12

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

Hi All,
Had notification on phone app today that new update available for Satnav.
Citroen have now provided a utility for downloading, formatting USB stick and copying to stick.
It also unzips the file to your USB Stick.
Great will save a lot of the problems people have been having.
Only thing is it took nearly 1.5 hours to download the update, I have a Virgin intern et account which is fast, then about the same time to extract and copy to USB stick!
Don't know why it is so slow.
It then took 45 minutes to update Satnav on car.
So well done Citroen for making it easier but why so slow!
Would be interested if everyone else has the same issue.

Len

Ries

Post by Ries »

I've read on other forums that the Citoen file server is not that fast.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Had a 2Mb download up to mid april, took last year 26 hours to Download, now have a 100 mb connection, 23 minutes download.
Used IDM as download accelerator, 18 connections at the time.

Now I only hve to make a tour to update the nav
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Big_Hawk

Post by Big_Hawk »

Hi, while It's heartening to learn that the new method of installing sat nav updates v.12 onto the C5 aircross are successful for some, I'm unable to even download the supplied link onto the desktop, as advised. After numerous attempts, I'm seriously losing the will to live! The couple of occasions where I thought I'd overcome the issue turned out to be fails. A file of sorts appears on my Mac desktop titled "Unconfirmed 215061 download." When I attempt to open it I am greeted with a notice, thus: "There is no application set to open the document, ' " unconfirmed 215061 download." 'On the off chance, is anyone else likewise suffering the continuing saga of sat nav update difficulties courtesy of Citroen!? 🤨
srperry

Post by srperry »

Hi, the app to install the updates to a USB is a Windows app that won't work on a Mac, and I think that is what the file is that has appeared on your desktop.

You need to follow the instructions for direct downloading of the maps, formatting the USB and unpacking the files from the download onto the USB.

To be honest, using the app extended the file download time by about 400%, and once installed using the app onto the USM and putting that in thcar, the actual update took about an hour. If I had known how long the app would take to do anything, I would have used the manual download method as I have previously.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

I was advised via the app that there was a download. tried to mail the link fm my Android Phone to myself. it ended up by manually entering the link address on my Desktop. why not giving the link on the Citroen.de or uk site, which wud be easier.
If it has to do with the car id, one cud easely enter the von as a confirmation.
Last edited by rdeknegt on Sat May 16, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Big_Hawk

Post by Big_Hawk »

Thanks, srperry & rdeknegt for your input. I gave up for today I just wasn't in the mood come the afternoon, but I'll get back onto it tomorrow, Sunday, and I'll let you know how I get on. Keep your fingers crossed.
FVCCAAA

Post by FVCCAAA »

I tried updating my 2019 C5 Aircross mapping. Downloaded the Zip file and loaded 3 times as each one failed. On the last time i lost all mapping and operating system? Called 4 times to customer care and only got through once to the department who deals with the mapping side. Needless to say having called 5 times, i have got nowhere!
I was told that the update file issued by Citroen was corrupt and that it was a a world wide fault? I have seen nothing about this problem anywhere? I even asked for a disc or thumb drive to reinstall the TomTom mapping system on my car! Nope that didnt work either! Plus as it is TomTom, was it them or Citroen who issued the corrupt file? If TomTom i would expect them to send out a new file or is it Citroen?
bm227

Post by bm227 »

Hi, I purchased a 2019 Aircross yesterday. I have just gone through the process of downloading and moving to a memory stick using the 'Citroen Update' program on a reasonably fast Windows PC. Download was slow but the moving to the stick took something like 90 minutes. Has anybody else done the update recently? The stick seems ok and is formatted Fat 32, I have seen in another post that it needed NTFS. My previous car was a Scenic, that had a TomTom Sat Nav Updates took minutes and around 1Gb of data max. This download was 17Gb, I only need the Uk map, is there a shortcut? As I have only just got the car I'm reluctant to jump in and try the update. Any advice?
srperry

Post by srperry »

Downloads from Citroen ALWAYS take forever! Their servers are really slow or they don't have enough bandwidth.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience