C3 Aircross radio system reboots

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Ianbhenderson73

Post by Ianbhenderson73 »

Hello

I hope someone can help me because I’ve got a weird problem that’s starting to drive me slightly crazy.

My wife and I have a 2018 C3 Aircross. I own an iPhone 8 while my wife has a Samsung Galaxy s10. Very often when I’m driving, I’ll either plug my phone into the USB socket or connect to the entertainment system using Bluetooth.

A few months ago I noticed that when on Bluetooth, something causes the entertainment system to reboot - initially it was an occasional thing but it’s becoming more and more frequent, to the extent where I’ve had to remove the Bluetooth connection from the car and only use it via USB. It only seems to happen with my phone, never my wife’s. Initially I’d thought that perhaps my usb cable was damaged so I replaced it (it didn’t have a solid connection anyway), but it’s still doing it. My phone has the latest version of IOS on it, but I’ve struggled to apply the necessary patches to the entertainment system.

Every time I connect to the USB, something causes the Bluetooth to engage which is the reason I’ve made the car “forget” my phone.

I know that in the grand scheme of things it’s a trivial concern but it’s also quite distracting to have the entertainment system constantly cycle through a reboot, especially if I’m following a map. So if anyone knows of a solution, I’m all ears.

Deleted User 772

Post by Deleted User 772 »

Hi

This is typical with Bluetooth enabled phones and is the result of incompatibilities between the Head Unit software in the vehicle and individual phones - specifically the Bluetooth profiles.

As you know smart phone operating system software is updated far more frequently than the Connect Nav system in your Aircross.

You can try the following:

1) Update IOS on your iPhone, or if this is up to date;
2) Check to see if there is a newer firmware for your Aircross by accessing the Connected Nav site here and enter your VIN:

https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... ion-system

3) If none of the above work, then try to totally delete the iPhone from the connected Nav system - and I don't mean unpairing it - delete it totally, and this will clear the iPhone cache too. Do the same on your iPhone to remove any pairing with the Aircross. Then after restarting the Connect Nav, try adding the iPhone back again.
4) Lastly, if none of these work, it may be a matter of waiting for a while until the next update from Citroen - Bluetooth profiles are one of the most frequent updates to the Connect Nav firmware as they try and support as many phones as possible.